How is your earpiece?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Im loving my Droid X but i can't help but notice a sort of buzzing in the earpiece whenever someone talks. Like a reverb or something. Has anyone else noticed this?

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Im loving my Droid X but i can't help but notice a sort of buzzing in the earpiece whenever someone talks. Like a reverb or something. Has anyone else noticed this?

The only thing I have noticed is the earpiece volume is softer and not as loud as my Droid. And I do have it up all the way.

And the ringtones don't seem as loud either.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with you about that. Just not as loud. No biggie, im usually on vibrate.

But I'm still worried about the earpiece. Anyone else?

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with you about that. Just not as loud. No biggie, im usually on vibrate.

But I'm still worried about the earpiece. Anyone else?

I have been on mine quite a bit this morning and I haven't noticed it. But now that I read your post, I probably will :)

I did have that with my Droid for last few days though. I thought maybe there was a tower issue or something

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I get the same sort of buzzing sound from my earpiece as well. Not sure if it's a speaker issue or a call quality issue. In any case, it's pretty damn annoying.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the same buzzing. It sounds as though the lower end frequencies are causing buzzing, much like when car speakers are too loud. I'm not going to change any settings just yet, though. I'll wait until there is more user feedback to rely on.

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Same thing here depending on who i am talking to. Almost as if someone with a deeper voice causes it to happen. I'll probably just get a bluetooth headset. My phone is perfect so why worry when i only make a few calls a week.

Ryobi

Banned
Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a buzzing/rattling noise coming from my earpiece. It's quite noticeable at max volume. It's a quality control issue with the speaker. I returned it and I am waiting for a replacement.

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a buzzing/rattling noise coming from my earpiece. It's quite noticeable at max volume. It's a quality control issue with the speaker. I returned it and I am waiting for a replacement.

I really don't want to have to return my phone and wait for a replacement, but this buzzing noise is driving me nuts. *sigh*

Guess i've just got to bite the bullet and do it. :(

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I really don't want to have to return my phone and wait for a replacement, but this buzzing noise is driving me nuts. *sigh*

Guess i've just got to bite the bullet and do it. :(

Try the software fix posted on page one of this thread. If that doesn't work, then return it.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I heat it on both of our droid X phones. Its worse on my wifes phone. Its even worse when we are at home vs other places. It seems to be only when people are speaking on my phone but all of the time on her phone.

May try to get a replacement or give the Incredible a try.

The call quality is really bad. Everything is great.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I have noticed is the earpiece volume is softer and not as loud as my Droid. And I do have it up all the way.

And the ringtones don't seem as loud either.

I've also noticed this but I don't notice any buzzing or reverb either while on a call.

And although the ringtones do seem to be a bit quieter than my OG Droid, it doesn't bother me because it's still loud enough for my tastes.

jessica054

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Did any of you end up getting a replacement? And if so, how is it? I have the same problem... If the volume is anywhere above halfway, I hear this static sound and it's really frustrating. I went to the store, compared it to the demo they had, and theirs sounded a lot better, no static. Guy said I had a defective speaker and I got sent another one. However, I received it yesterday, and it sounds the same! Are there really only a few people having this issue with the phone? Or does everyone have it and it's just not a big deal? Verizon CS said they haven't heard of the issue. They are going to send me another one once they receive one of the ones I have... so maybe the third time will be a charm. If not, I give up. But after using the one at the store, I have hope that there are ones out there without this issue.

ncl

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Did any of you end up getting a replacement? And if so, how is it? I have the same problem... If the volume is anywhere above halfway, I hear this static sound and it's really frustrating. I went to the store, compared it to the demo they had, and theirs sounded a lot better, no static. Guy said I had a defective speaker and I got sent another one. However, I received it yesterday, and it sounds the same! Are there really only a few people having this issue with the phone? Or does everyone have it and it's just not a big deal? Verizon CS said they haven't heard of the issue. They are going to send me another one once they receive one of the ones I have... so maybe the third time will be a charm. If not, I give up. But after using the one at the store, I have hope that there are ones out there without this issue.

I also have the earpiece issue. Sounds like the metal mesh is vibrating.....

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the ear buzz on my DX or my Incredible .I think motorola is gunno crank up the loudest of the rings when they release their update .

jessica054

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Really? Even on max volume? I especially hear it right after I press Send to call someone and the ringing before they pick up is horrible! It's also pretty bad when they are talking. I am just so frustrated, I think more so since not everyone has this issue. I am keeping my fingers crossed about the next and final one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo