Issues Syncing with Exchange

bje924#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Im in deep trouble....
I just upgraded this morning from a Droid incredible to the new Droid x. My exchange e-mail was working on my incredible perfectly and now I canot sync it with my Droid X. It does work through touchdown, but I don't want to use that App.... I am running exchange 2003 with no SSL certs

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Im in deep trouble....
I just upgraded this morning from a Droid incredible to the new Droid x. My exchange e-mail was working on my incredible perfectly and now I canot sync it with my Droid X. It does work through touchdown, but I don't want to use that App.... I am running exchange 2003 with no SSL certs

Are you trying to do exchange through an internet connection or syncing at the PC. Because I don't think Moto has a PC exchange sync tool. I know HTC does.

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Having no SSL cert is a bad, bad thing. Get your admin to cough up $20-30 and get a cert. It makes settings up any kind of phone a PITA without it.

bje924#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am the admin..I dont like how touchdown doesnt diplay calendar events in the native app...It does not make sense that my incredible would work and my X wouldn't...and no, having a ssl cert makes everything 10x more difficult.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
BTW when you setup the account, the first screen says to enter your Domain\Username. Try leaving off the Domain\ and only enter your username.

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Android 2.1 has very poor exchange support, so much so. It fails to work with many companies exchange servers since it doesn't support the group policies, like encryption and pass codes.

Try touchdown from nitrodesk, that's what I use and I highly recommend it. Its a tad pricey but you do get 30 days to try it out before you buy it

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
IS Ms Exchange fully supported

I want to know before I commit to buy 10 or so of these phones for my company. Is MS Exchange fully supported , email an calendar an task, ect. I need to know for sure before I buy them an my CEO can not check his appointments on this thing with the calendar. I already have enough Headack with him not happy over dropped calls on his iPhone an the bad data rates he has talked about.

thanks

liquidhonesty

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
They probably make you "upgrade" to the $45 data plan for enterprise....but yes, I have my email, calendar, contacts, etc. I prefer to have separate phone contacts that input, but I still have my whole "corporate directory" as an icon where I can view the whole Outlook calendar :) So yeah, it's all working...I even have a calendar widget on my main page that shows me the upcoming appointments for that day...or several days if there's not much going on :)

MasonDroid37

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
MS Exchange 2003 Issue

I got my Droid X yesterday and have had an issue setting it up with my Exchange server. Previously, I used a Droid and had no issues. Now with the DX, when I go to the Corporate Sync icon enter the information and hit next I get the following error "ERROR: The server address should be correctly formatted." I have looked around here and google and found nothing. Anyone else have any idea?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You do not need to upgrade to the 49.99 plan. Email, calendar, and contacts are supported. To get tasks plus those 3 things you will want to use the Touchdown mail program in the Market instead.

bje924#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Motorola is working on it..they have acknowledged to me that it is an issue on their end given the fact that the droid 1, incredible, treo, iphone and every other device connects fine with the same credentials to my exchange server...will keep all updated.

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
How do you set up a market account to buy apps? I asked a coworker who has Droid and he didn't seem to have the answer. He only uses free apps. I'm coming from iPhone so apologies if the question seems dumb.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You need a Gmail account. Once you sign in, you can then access the Market. You will also need a Google Checkout account in order to make purchases.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995