Droid X Findings Thread!

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I love the phone!!! YES!!!!:D

Please post any interesting findings and hidden features and tips here... also any likes or dislike ablout the phone. E-N-J-O-Y!!!!

- Amazing screen but....
speaker does not seem as loud as the moto droid was. anyone notice this?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
a small gripe so far is that you cant disable the double tap home feature of the ui; i would much rather use it for quick desk.

but a quick finding: if you receive a call while the screen is on, you can just push a button to answer. if you get a call when the screen is off though, you have to swipe to answer, just as you would to unlock the screen

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
a small gripe so far is that you cant disable the double tap home feature of the ui; i would much rather use it for quick desk.

but a quick finding: if you receive a call while the screen is on, you can just push a button to answer. if you get a call when the screen is off though, you have to swipe to answer, just as you would to unlock the screen

it's under settings, you can definitely change it I'm sure.

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I love the phone!!! YES!!!!:D

Please post any interesting findings and hidden features and tips here... also any likes or dislike ablout the phone. E-N-J-O-Y!!!!

- Amazing screen but....
speaker does not seem as loud as the moto droid was. anyone notice this?

Yeah the speaker is not real loud. Noticed that right off!

Just wish some of my paid apps would show up. Need to update their database!!

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the speaker is not real loud. Noticed that right off!

Just wish some of my paid apps would show up. Need to update their database!!

yea. im hoping theres a update that will fix that. just give it a few mins. my paid apps came through just fine.

i will be posting some vids and pics later tonight when i get home. people feel free to show off the power of X..lol pics and vids.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The speaker volume is not good. The highest setting sounds like a 7 out of 10.

One thing that's driving me banana's is the contacts app, showing not only my Exchange contacts, but every single person I've ever emailed as well. I am desperately trying to figure out how to turn that off.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, on my Droid I could filter the contacts app to be only people from my Gmail account, now I'm getting all of my Facebook friends in the same one. Help!!

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I would also like a contacts fix for that if anyone knows one.

Also, I don't want to start a new thread just for this but does anyone know how to disable the chat bubbles in SMS? I really do not like them at all.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this is an android thing and I was aware that gmail etc. don't have number notifications on the icons but GTalk has no indication that it's running.
Every other platform has a little green light or something....very strange. Any way to change that?

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I would also like a contacts fix for that if anyone knows one.

Also, I don't want to start a new thread just for this but does anyone know how to disable the chat bubbles in SMS? I really do not like them at all.

i would like contacts fix as well hopfully this is somthing that will be found or fix soon. as far as sms chat bubbles i have not seen option for it as of yet. my phone just died so i am allowing it to do a full charge...:)

any positives guys? all negitives here so far..haha. i still think its a great phone. i cant wait till froyo!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Here's a positive: I took one photo of Times Square on my way to work, like really quickly, and it came out beautiful. :)

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Here's a positive: I took one photo of Times Square on my way to work, like really quickly, and it came out beautiful. :)

thats what i like to hear!!! was it set to default 5mp or the 8 mp? have the picture to share with us?

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
thats what i like to here!!! was it set to default 5mp or the 8 mp? have the picture to share with us?

I didn't touch the settings at all! I looked now and it's on 6MP widescreen. May keep it on that, idk. I'll try to post the pic in this thread!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Here you go!
2010-07-15_15-43-20_350.jpg

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Here you go!
2010-07-15_15-43-20_350.jpg

Thanks... idk if the link is bad or if its just my work comp that is blocking the images... but thanks!

has anyone else noticed the pamaramic photo feature yet, its pretty cool. i can't wait till my phone is done charging so i could find some other neat features.

thedroidblog

Apr 26, 2010
theandroidblog.com
I noticed a new bluetooth setting I didn't see on my Droid or my Droid Incredible. It is Enhanced Stereo listed under the bluetooth settings. The description says "Improved battery life and MP3 audio quality for supporting devices."

So far I've use it on my way home from work. I was listening to Rhapsody via Stereo Bluetooth in my car and sounded just fine. I can't really say that I noticed an increase quality compared to my Droid that I was using before today. But I did always have an issue with the stereo bluetooth on the Incredible. I always had a weird crackly sound in the background of sounds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non