Any Corporate Sync users able to connect via wifi?

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've set up my corporate account and everything is good when the 3G radio is on. When I turn on wifi, I can browse the web, get GMAIL notifications and mail, but the corporate sync fails to connect and sync.

I've tried making sure the wifi radio doesn't go to sleep, etc. I've even tried to set the Corporate Sync to only connect on wifi.

Is this by design? or is there a problem with my router configuration?

I have no problem connecting to owa.xxxx.com on my laptop on my wireless network. I have WPA/WPA2 PSK security and I turned off NAT just to check that my router is not blocking services on the device.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm able to connect just fine. I did setup my Corporate Sync WHILE I was on WiFi. Maybe try deleting the account and starting over again, while you're connected to WiFi. Also, does Touchdown work (in Market). I often suggest that people try Touchdown, just to troubleshoot that it's not the built-in mail app causing problems.

I also did a hard reset on my phone. It was acting really odd (nothing Email related). Seems to be better now.

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
For those having problems, I called Verizon on Thursday (day I got my Droid X), and was transferred to Motorola, eventually talking with tier 2 and tier 3 support. What Motorola indicated (without much detail) is that the built-in Corporate Sync application has issues with the security protocols on some routers.

I have a NETGEAR Rangemax Dual N Router. I was running WPA/WPA2 PSK security, showing SSID, and NAT filtering on. We reset the modem to OPEN, and my corporate sync connected perfect. I just decided to turn on MAC filtering and leave the security of the router off. Makes it a bit of a pain for guests (although I can turn on guest access on this model router).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star