video/audio is out of sync

Aggie12

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
So I first noticed the problem on Youtube. The audio would be way ahead of the video by a few seconds. it really grinds my gears. I thought it might just be my connection, but I'm not sure. So I then figured I would get a .mp4 off my computer. I transferred the file after making sure the video on the computer didn't have any issues with the video/audio being off. The video was fine on my computer but the audio was over a second ahead on my DroidX.

Any thoughts, questions, or solutions. I looked at the similar threads found after typing the title and they were just basically complaining about it and I didn't find an answer. please help!!

Aggie12

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but I just don't understand how it would be perfectly in sync (no reference lol) on my computer then be off after I've transferred it.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
same problem. Took videos off my droid and dropped them onto the X and its not lined up. Also not a fan of the sound and vol. Still like the phone :p

Aggie12

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
hmmmmmmm what I would do is if you had the source file just re-encode it and see if that helps. Nice N Sync pun lol.

... how would one go about doing this. All I have is the original .avi file.

edit: Do you mean just try and convert the format again. I'm using handbrake on my mac

Aggie12

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay, well I fixed my problem with the video from my computer. The youtube fiasco is still not working. The file size of my video is rather large though, 1.2 gb. If any one wants the settings that I used in handbrake just let me know. Not sure if that's why it worked though.

Aggie12

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay I did some troubleshooting and I've found some things out. I turned my Wifi on and youtube videos work fine. No syncing problem. Turned wifi off and when getting on youtube with 3g the videos were out of sync again. Turned wifi back on and it remedied the problem. So the problem is with the network I'm assuming.

x.v_

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Video plays 100% on laptop, audio/video out of sync! This happens to me with a video file, haven't even tested YT.

crusader666

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on my Samsung Captivate. No matter what video player I use, all video files such as RSS feeds are OUT OF SYNC.

However, things that appear to stream directly, such as Fox News videos, come out just fine.

Very frustrating!

Ravenell

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a problem with my X with any video I watch from handbrake ripped videos or even Native Droid X captured video. It will stay in sync just fine until I PAUSE/REW/FFWD. After that it plays out of sync. I'm wondering if it's just a few of us having this issue. I heard someone mention the actual SD card could have something to do with the problem. Something about c2,c4,c8,c10. Not sure what it all means since I haven't had the time to really read up on it. Does anyone have a clue? Froyo didn't resolve the issue for me at all... Not that I really thought it would.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
my mms videos are off also

MMS probably isn't off, the Droid X MMS app for some reason only play one file at a time, if there is a audio and image file the message image file usually plays and then the audio file will play, its not off its design this way actually.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay I did some troubleshooting and I've found some things out. I turned my Wifi on and youtube videos work fine. No syncing problem. Turned wifi off and when getting on youtube with 3g the videos were out of sync again. Turned wifi back on and it remedied the problem. So the problem is with the network I'm assuming.

I am using DVD Catalyst 3 with Meridian Player and all my videos play perfectly, out of curiosity did you hard reset your device after 2.2 update and follow the suggested hard reset pattern, there has been a number of performance issues on devices that just did 2.2 update but stayed with the 2.1 configuration settings and software.

Follow these settings during restore to avoid issues being restored automatically.

1. Uncheck "Back up my data" under Settings/Privacy

2. Click Factory Data Reset/Reset Phone

3. After reset is complete only Active Phone but do not input Google Email information

4. Once phone is at homepage go back into Settings/Privacy and make sure the Automatic Restore option is unchecked, even if grayed out, activate "Back up my data" and quickly disable "Automatic Restore"

5. After being sure that the Automatic Restore option is off it will be safe to log into Google and you can continue installing preferred apps and custom settings.

This process will stop all applications and settings from restoring automatically and restoring original issues that usually resolve a number of issues.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried rock player? I have had much better results with that vs. the stock video player.

Rock player is nice but have you checked out Meridian Player, I love that I can play music and videos through the same interface and it has nice set of widgets also in the full player. Meridian Player is only 2.99 compared to Rock Player is 9.99..

Check out Meridian at http://www.androidtapp.com/meridian-player/ and let me know what you think... It is a universal player for music, videos and play list. check out video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs14gKe2TrI but keep in mind the software has been updated since this videos.

5-1.png
Player.png

BigSkyX

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Bump....

I have tried several encoders and player apps and still have major sync issues with movies and videos. Does anyone have a solution for this? Can't believe it is such a problem.

The exact same file plays just fine on my wife's iPod Touch and on the computer.

RPrinz9

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
not sure if this is discussion is still live, but could you send me the Handbrake settings?

I took MP4 video with a SurfacePro and the voice is out of synch with the video...have tried a few different settings but none have worked. would appreciate your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2