Swapping contacts onto the phone?

myrmidon

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Having trouble transferring contacts from my old phone to the X, the salesman in the Verizon store got the file (a vcf file) and neither of us could figure out how to get the file to fill in the contacts.

Any help? There's no import/export thing I can find anywhere.

Kimasu

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
What was your old phone?

My wife went from a plain flip phone and backed up all her contacts using the Verizon's backup assistant. Then she exported the file from her Verizon account page and imported it into her gmail contacts.

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Having trouble transferring contacts from my old phone to the X, the salesman in the Verizon store got the file (a vcf file) and neither of us could figure out how to get the file to fill in the contacts.

Any help? There's no import/export thing I can find anywhere.

There is not one on the phone that I could find. My buddy had an issue where his contacts would not sync. He had not synced in a while.

He went to gmail contacts on the web and deleted them all and then imported the vcf file into gmail contacts. A few minutes later they were in his phone.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
There is not one on the phone that I could find. My buddy had an issue where his contacts would not sync. He had not synced in a while.

He went to gmail contacts on the web and deleted them all and then imported the vcf file into gmail contacts. A few minutes later they were in his phone.
Same thing here I was in the store for 3 hr back up assistance doesn't work and they had to put all my contacts in my gmail acct then upload it!!

myrmidon

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I did the go into gmail delete all my contacts upload the file with all of the 'new' contacts and sync with the phone.

Worked like a charm, but that seems like a seriously lengthy process to go through, why isn't there just an 'import/export' button?

noni

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same prob with backup assistant earlier! called tech support and they had no clue how to fix it. I did a factory reset and tried it again and it worked like a charm!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000