1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default BOOOOOO Verizon wireless store!

Sorry guys have to rant here.

I'd been on a waiting list since 6/6 at my local verizon store for the DInc. That hasn't worked out of course. The manager said I was next on the list for the DInc, and he also put me down for the X, and I was at the top of both lists because at that point, I'd been waiting the longest (among their customers). Called a few times today and was told they would probably get the shipment tomorrow. Then I come home and see on here that Verizon has completely sold out.

I call my store, and confirm the shipment for tomorrow. They then tell me that they received a shipment this morning of 2 phones. So I then asked, where my phone was since I was supposedly at the top of the list. The guy tells me that corporate re-arranged the list because of previous DInc orders, I told him that I was one of those DInc orders, so where is my phone. He then said that there were others from other stores that were first and had been waiting longer, and corporate had taken over who the phones would be distributed too. I'm ticked, but I can understand that.

He then tells me that the entire Dallas market received 58 phones total. What is this BS with "there are plently of phones to go around" and "anyone wanting a phone will get one on launch day". I've been waiting for over a month for two different phones, NEITHER of which they seem to able to deliver on.

So, now they don't know when they'll get another shipment, and, because 'corporate' has taken over who will get what & when, who knows where I sit on the list, or when I'll get either phone. It is completely up in the air. The store doesn't know, no one knows. He offered me a refund, so I'm thinking about cancelling my order with the store and ordering online, despite the fact that I've got more than 5 weeks invested with this store now. I feel like I'm stepping out of line and getting back in the back.

Sorry guys. I'm extremely irritated over this.

Enough of my p|ss|ing & moaning.

wow man that sucks. But I find it hard to believe that the whole dallas area only got 58 phones. Conroe pop less than 50k got 50 phones and here in College Station our store got 40.

But I would def cancel your order. If you order online tonight it will be at your doorstep saturday!! plus no bull**** mail-in-rebate!

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I understand your pain.

I went in last week to get my plan bumped up from February 2011 to a 2010 date and succeeded. Today I sped to my local Verizon store after work (I called, they had about 10 left), waited for a half an hour for a sales rep, she got everything ready to go but ended up not being able to let me walk out with my DX because they apparently have strict policy for primier phones going to special circumstance contract holders (I.e. someone with their upgrade approved for early

I don't understand. Why didn't you just order the DINC online? You would have had it by now.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
    I don't understand. Why didn't you just order the DINC online? You would have had it by now.
    I had negotiated a deal, and wanted to stick with the store for that reason. Once the Droid X was announced, I became less concerned with the Incredible and how long it was taking. Now I think I'm starting to spot a trend.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterjay View Post
    I understand your pain.

I went in last week to get my plan bumped up from February 2011 to a 2010 date and succeeded. Today I sped to my local Verizon store after work (I called, they had about 10 left), waited for a half an hour for a sales rep, she got everything ready to go but ended up not being able to let me walk out with my DX because they apparently have strict policy for primier phones going to special circumstance contract holders (I.e. someone with their upgrade approved for early
    (wrote this on my BBstorm1, go figure it cut itself out!! anyway...)

I understand your pain.

I went in last week to get my plan bumped up from February 2011 to a 2010 date and succeeded. Today I sped to my local Verizon store after work (I called, they had about 10 left), waited for a half an hour for a sales rep, she got everything ready to go but ended up not being able to let me walk out with my DX because they apparently have strict policy for primier phones going to special circumstance contract holders (I.e. someone with their upgrade approved for an early NE2) and couldn't give it to me in store.

the GOOD NEWS is that I could order it online and still get it in a day or two, no problem -- we'll see if I get it on monday (like the sales rep said) or at a later date (like the Android Central article says -- BY 7/23.

That's always the deal with Verizon, they give you so much sweet but always have to add a little something sour.

We'll get our DX's, one day!

never order from the store...I ordered my X last night online at 10:30pm pacific time, and it will be here friday by 4:30pm ...no lines, no waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by scorn001 View Post
    Sorry guys have to rant here.

I'd been on a waiting list since 6/6 at my local verizon store for the DInc. That hasn't worked out of course. The manager said I was next on the list for the DInc, and he also put me down for the X, and I was at the top of both lists because at that point, I'd been waiting the longest (among their customers). Called a few times today and was told they would probably get the shipment tomorrow. Then I come home and see on here that Verizon has completely sold out.

I call my store, and confirm the shipment for tomorrow. They then tell me that they received a shipment this morning of 2 phones. So I then asked, where my phone was since I was supposedly at the top of the list. The guy tells me that corporate re-arranged the list because of previous DInc orders, I told him that I was one of those DInc orders, so where is my phone. He then said that there were others from other stores that were first and had been waiting longer, and corporate had taken over who the phones would be distributed too. I'm ticked, but I can understand that.

He then tells me that the entire Dallas market received 58 phones total. What is this BS with "there are plently of phones to go around" and "anyone wanting a phone will get one on launch day". I've been waiting for over a month for two different phones, NEITHER of which they seem to able to deliver on.

So, now they don't know when they'll get another shipment, and, because 'corporate' has taken over who will get what & when, who knows where I sit on the list, or when I'll get either phone. It is completely up in the air. The store doesn't know, no one knows. He offered me a refund, so I'm thinking about cancelling my order with the store and ordering online, despite the fact that I've got more than 5 weeks invested with this store now. I feel like I'm stepping out of line and getting back in the back.

Sorry guys. I'm extremely irritated over this.

Enough of my p|ss|ing & moaning.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gizzyman View Post
    never order from the store...I ordered my X last night online at 10:30pm pacific time, and it will be here friday by 4:30pm ...no lines, no waiting...
    lesson learned for me today, at least
    Droid X since 7/19/2010, and I'm in love!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterjay View Post
    lesson learned for me today, at least
    +1.

I'm done waiting on this store. Getting my $$ back today.

Oh that bites. I think that some verizon stores may have bumped people who were upgrading in lou of new business, i.e., switchers.

Its too bad that quantities were so low. I don't understand why, its a major roll out but yet verizon stores were only getting a handful?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by mflynn View Post
    Oh that bites. I think that some verizon stores may have bumped people who were upgrading in lou of new business, i.e., switchers.

Its too bad that quantities were so low. I don't understand why, its a major roll out but yet verizon stores were only getting a handful?
    I am new business. Trying to switch from Tracfone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

So they supposedly processing my refund now. We'll see how smoothly this goes.