hotmail not working

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
loaded my hotmail account into the app and it looks like it is working fine it loaded all my emails that i have in and receives email fine. but i can not send email i keep getting a failure message several minuets after i send the email. i have tried 2 dif accounts so i know its not my account. anyone have any ideas?

Speedr117

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I too have this issue. The people who use it are the ones that have had it for over 10 years...if only they had email portability like phone # portability!

Please help if anyone has gotten this working!!!

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Technically they do. Setup forwarding to a new account and set the reply-to address as the address of the old email when mail comes in on that address. Then you got a new account still receive your old messages and can reply as that addresses if you'd like.

Speedr117

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
That's a clever work-around. I'd still like to know why Hotmail won't sent though. I'm sure it's like the problem I had with WiFi, where I had to change the router's setting from WPA to WPA2...

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
That's the first thing I thought of too...lol

Get a Gmail account its free and you can Sync it !

I have a Live account, which use to be Hotmail, since well before Google phones. And I have no desire to get a gmail account simple to sync it with my phone. So I did the next best thing: I got a gmail aco**** and linked my Live and Gmail accounts together. Everything works perfectly.

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Well I talked to Verizon and they told me there is no solution to the problem and that maybe they will make update to fix it. So what do I do know anyone know a good email app that works and delete s mail off the server as well.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
That's a clever work-around. I'd still like to know why Hotmail won't sent though. I'm sure it's like the problem I had with WiFi, where I had to change the router's setting from WPA to WPA2...

From what I read WPA2 is specifically a supported spec. Why anyone would avoid WPA2 makes no sense anyways, chances are any device that doesn't like WPA2 doesn't like WPA 1 either.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I still have a Hotmail account (only use it for a few things now). maildroid from the app market handles it perfectly (and for those wondering since I've recommended it a few times, I am not affiliated with it and receive no kick backs!). Coming from a Blackberry it's the closest thing to what I'd consider "functional" email on Android for anything but Gmail (of course).

Speedr117

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Topweasel,

I had set my wireless router to use WPA (don't remember why, just did). The Droid X wouldn't connect to it. I changed it to WPA2 and all is good. My PS3, XBOX360, etc. still work just fine with the new WPA2, so who knows...I'm definately NOT a network engineer!

Speedr117

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
As far as using maildroid, I really like the universal message box. Will it work with that? Or can I get my corporate email too using that?

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
BTW, unless someone has figured out something I haven't, you cannot configure Hotmail to forward emails to a non-Microsoft email address. Just another reason I plan to dump it once I get everything there transferred over to gmail (that and I will be down to 3 email addresses then...maybe even 2 if I'm good!).

Fatty River Pig

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hotmail with Exchange

You can use the Coporate Sync mail on Droid X with Hotmail now that Hotmail supports Exchange. I tried the regular mail setup and couldn't send from Hotmail. This worked great though.

Go to Setup Accounts, select Corporate Sync.
Domain\Username: XXX@hotmail.com (don't worry about a domain)
Password: Enter password
Leave Secure connection checked.
Email Address: Re-enter email (xxx@hotmail.com)
Server: m.hotmail.com
Click Next

You can go back in and update the account name and syc settings.

Android isn't supported, but it worked for me. See: Setup your phone to sync your Hotmail inbox, calendar and contacts using ActiveSync

Fatty River Pig

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hotmail via Exchange

You can use the Coporate Sync mail on Droid X with Hotmail now that Hotmail supports Exchange. I tried the regular mail setup and couldn't send from Hotmail. This worked great though.

Go to Setup Accounts, select Corporate Sync.
Domain\Username: XXX@hotmail.com (don't worry about a domain)
Password: Enter password
Leave Secure connection checked.
Email Address: Re-enter email (xxx@hotmail.com)
Server: m.hotmail.com
Click Next

You can go back in and update the account name and syc settings.

Android isn't supported, but it worked for me. See: Setup your phone to sync your Hotmail inbox, calendar and contacts using ActiveSync