Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Questions about the battery tab

OK unboxed my X and i want to know if anyone else did this... before putting the battery in the phone, there is a tab that says pull. i figured it was like other electronics where you need to pull it off before it works. i pulled the damn thing and it ripped off . i then put my battery in and realized i wanted to change the SD card and i couldnt get the battery to come out. i went up to Verizon and i was told that the tab is to be pulled to get battery out.

Am i dumb or is it not clear? i ended up getting the battery out. it ripped off but it was still tacky so i just pressed it down and put battery back in.
    With BB, I always had to do battery pulls but with this phone I guess i dont ever need to do this. so should i not worry about this then?

Default very stupid question

I just got my X and I already have my first question and have not even turned it on.

When it came in the box, the back was off and the battery was laying there. There is a tab that says Pull, but when you take the batter out, it says do not cut.

When I started to pull, the entire black thing started to come out, so I stopped and returned it.

Any I supposed to remove that entire black thing on the pull tab, or is the pull tab more for removing the battery?

I have plugged it in, so it is charging, but I want to know whether the pull tab is supposed to be pulled completely out, or just pull to remove battery.

Thanks.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

I think my tab says "do not remove" or something along those lines.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
    Androidoholic

ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

Quote Originally Posted by Zman1001 View Post
    I just got my X and I already have my first question and have not even turned it on.

When it came in the box, the back was off and the battery was laying there. There is a tab that says Pull, but when you take the batter out, it says do not cut.

When I started to pull, the entire black thing started to come out, so I stopped and returned it.

Any I supposed to remove that entire black thing on the pull tab, or is the pull tab more for removing the battery?

I have plugged it in, so it is charging, but I want to know whether the pull tab is supposed to be pulled completely out, or just pull to remove battery.

Thanks.
    Its for pulling the battery out
    Galaxy Nexus

Nokia 920

Moto X

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP, Stock

My BB rep tried to pull it off(I thought same thing as OP and didn't say anything), luckily she didn't try too hard and the VZ rep told her it's meant to pull out battery.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Default re: Questions about the battery tab

Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    I think my tab says "do not remove" or something along those lines.
    This. Though, you should be able to tap the phone on your hand to get the battery out. It reminds me of my blackberry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Free Verizon phone > Moto Q9c > Blackberry 8830 > Blackberry Tour 9630 > Blackberry Bold 9650 > DROID X!
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I've been waiting for someone to post something like this. If you have two batteries like I will and swap them a lot, that tab is bound to come off at some point, even if you do it correctly.
    Last edited by Cory Streater; 07-16-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks

Default Just got my X

When puting in the battery the pull tab that is on the back of the phone does it all come out? or am I missing something?
    Androidoholic

ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

Quote Originally Posted by scramblerider5 View Post
    When puting in the battery the pull tab that is on the back of the phone does it all come out? or am I missing something?
    The tab should just pop the battery out so you can easily grab it out of there
    Galaxy Nexus

Nokia 920

Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by 1088933 View Post
    The tab should just pop the battery out so you can easily grab it out of there
    Thank you. At first I was trying to pull the tab out I'm glad I didn't pull to hard on it
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,033 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Welcome the world of Android!!!! Hope you enjoy the device and no question is too stupid.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Yes, welcome!

FYI: I merged a bunch of these together and changed the title. Also, adding to the FAQ.
    Thanked by:

Yup I did the very same thing. I called CS and he said I was the ONLY one to do this. Ha! I wrapped a piece pf paper tape around the battery so I can get it out.

Default Do I pull this sticker off the back of the battery cover?

I just got my phone and the battery section has a sticker with the ESN on it. The top left says "Pull," but when I pulled it the entire sticker came off. I looked at it and it is all one piece. Did I do this right? I can't imagine I did because then I would have no way of knowing what the ESN to the phone is. And if not, what is supposed to be pulled?

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8229/phone001.jpg

I just pulled both of the stickers off.

Surprised there was no instructions on this.

Ugh. I just figured out this sticker is how you pull up the battery. I really wish I hadn't just ripped the top part off. I guess that's why it says "Do Not Cut."

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spooksmcgee View Post
    Ugh. I just figured out this sticker is how you pull up the battery. I really wish I hadn't just ripped the top part off. I guess that's why it says "Do Not Cut."
    That's exactly why it says do not cut, LOL. Sucks man. Good thing I didn't cut mine.

Quote Originally Posted by enilm View Post
    That's exactly why it says do not cut, LOL. Sucks man. Good thing I didn't cut mine.
    Yeah, and it turns out the battery is very difficult to get out without the sticker. I ended up having to wrap electrical tape around my battery and make a handle to pull it out. That sticker looked just like one of those stickers that comes on printer toners they always want you to remove.

lol glad I was careful to take it off and was able to put it back in place!

what confused me even more was the picture of the trash can with the x through it on the plastic piece. dont know what I was thinking but I actually wondered why they didnt want you to throw away the piece!

thank you for clearing this up. i have to think a lot of people are going to be wondering about what they are supposed to do where it says "do not cut"...maybe the tab was too small to say "do not remove"?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

This warrants a and the addition of #18 in the FAQ. I think Phil makes it look easier than it is

Yes this does not bode well since I,too, will be swapping batteries out quite a bit. Thanks for pointing this out. I will be extra careful from this point on.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

They should send us all battery removal tools.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

It says don't cut so I was sure it ment don't remover and I was correct for once.LOL

I am so glad I am not the only one who did this! LOL...maybe they should start packaging the getting started information that is on website with the phone!

Definitely not clear instructions, but so far, I am loving the phone!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast