Gmail slow?

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else's Gmail running real slow? While sitting at my computer, ill see an email come in on my firefox extention several minutes before it shows on my phone. If I read an email on the phone, it takes a while before webbased gmail shows it as read. Coming from a blackberry, this was always instant.

Just me or what?

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
One messageboard I go to sends me updates to subscribed threads every night at midnight... Let's just say I didn't get them on my X until I hit Refresh... Not too happy with that.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
One messageboard I go to sends me updates to subscribed threads every night at midnight... Let's just say I didn't get them on my X until I hit Refresh... Not too happy with that.

Hmm haven't had this problem, check the refresh setting? I usually get my email on my phone before my computer gets it :D

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
It just did it again... Refreshed and sure enough there are e-mail I received one hour and thirty minutes ago... I don't see any Refresh settings, I am using the Gmail App.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you go to Settings> Accounts& sync settings> auto sync?

Is it checked? Not sure why its doing that unless you didn't have your phone on auto sync which it might be for battery saving

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm going to the wrong area or something idk...

Settings > Accounts > pick whatever account

Once I'm there I just have an option to Sync Contacts and Gmail, no check boxes. Hitting the menu button only gives me an option to Sync.

Phone is on Smart Mode if that matters

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm going to the wrong area or something idk...

Settings > Accounts > pick whatever account

Once I'm there I just have an option to Sync Contacts and Gmail, no check boxes. Hitting the menu button only gives me an option to Sync.

Phone is on Smart Mode if that matters

Another way to see is to put up the power widget and make sure auto sync is open that way.

Take the phone off of Smart Mode and see if that changes it, they might have disabled auto sync for that mode

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The reason for these delays is because unlike Blackberry, which many people are used to, this phone doesn't push emails to your phone when you receive them. GMail will refresh your inbox every 15 minutes or so, so there will always be a delay.

This delay is heightened if you forward other mail to your gmail account because GMail checks the mailboxes linked with it about every 15 minutes as well. These numbers can vary too, so there is always some delay.

Personally, I don't care, I don't have anything that pressing that needs rapid response come into my email, but some people don't like it.

Use gtalk if you want to chat with someone faster, everyone with a gmail account has an account for it.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
mine isn't as fast as push gmail on my old iphone actually. i'm surprised given google/android relationship. figured this would get mail lightning fast.

You have the ability to have push email with the DX. If you check it, it will push unless there's a problem. Then it will go to the Fetch schedule you designate in the same options list. Here's how you get to it...

Settings>Data Manager>Data Delivery>Email and Corporate Sync>Email delivery>Data Push (or Fetch Schedule).

Not that it's easy to find, but it IS there! Happy hunting!:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar