Multiple issues with the X...maybe I'm dumb

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok well I love this phone, dont get wrong, but wtf is wrong with it? I might as well just list my problems and see if any of you are also having the same issues.

1. When recieving a call the ringtone is fine and then after about 10 seconds the ringtone stops and says "Verizon Wireless", and then the ringtone resumes. I first thought my ringtone was too short but after checking the length of it....its 30 seconds which is exactly how long i have my service set up b4 it goes to voicemail.

2. Wifi keeps disconnecting.

3. The Motorola social networking app updates maybe every hour. And also wont let me choose more than 30 specific people but when i choose all contacts it has no problem displaying the status updates for all 400+ people.

I dont know whats going on. The setting menu seems very weak on this phone. Are there no advanced settings other than for WiFi?

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I can only add 24 contacts in my Social Networking app. Be happy you got 30 in ;/

My wifi does the same, but I think its just a power setting where it shuts it down after 10 min if nothing is using it. Has'nt shut down if I am using it though. Havent looked becasue when I go back to it it pops right back on so havent really bothered with it much.

Havent had the ringer issue.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I think the ringer issue has to do with using ringtones i made. On the sd card under media, then audio, i created another folder called ringtones. put my ringtones in there and now when ever one of those ringtones is used i get the verizon wireless voice about 10 seconds into the phone ringing. its very annoying. My ringtones are 30+ seconds. Please someone else give this a try and see if it happens to you.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue ... I set the following but haven't been home to test.

------------------------------

go into your wi-fi settings, press menu>advanced>and change your wi-fi sleep policy to "never". your phone is auto set to disconnect from wi-fi when the screen turns off; doing this should prevent it from un-linking

*copied from terpitude71
------------------------------------------

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I have the same issue ... I set the following but haven't been home to test.

------------------------------

go into your wi-fi settings, press menu>advanced>and change your wi-fi sleep policy to "never". your phone is auto set to disconnect from wi-fi when the screen turns off; doing this should prevent it from un-linking

*copied from terpitude71
------------------------------------------

I tried that and its still having issues :(

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah i thought i fixed it using the WiFi advanced settings but i was just browsing the market on WiFi and i kept losing connection again. But my computer still had signal. I hate to say it but im almost considering doing a return, and getting a different one. oh wait they are all sold out lol FML

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I think the ringer issue has to do with using ringtones i made. On the sd card under media, then audio, i created another folder called ringtones. put my ringtones in there and now when ever one of those ringtones is used i get the verizon wireless voice about 10 seconds into the phone ringing. its very annoying. My ringtones are 30+ seconds. Please someone else give this a try and see if it happens to you.

I think the problem may be with the separate folder you created for ringtones. There ought to already be an existing ringtone folder, it's under System>Media>audio on my original Droid. Find it and move your created ringtones there.

I ran into problems when I created a separate set of folders on my SD card (as someone on a forum told someone else to do for Music) and when I dragged and dropped my music into the folder I created everything was bonkers. Missing songs, albums playing songs out of order, weird stuff. It also separated my album art into my photos.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
What battery profile are you using? If you use smart mode or battery saver it shuts down data after inactivity i think. Try setting that to performance if you haven't already and maybe that will work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles