Let's do it: Post pictures taken with your Droid X!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, these are all stock camera or Vignette and Camera360 on some of them. But I believe the point of this thread was to show off the camera's stock capabilities.

But, yes, if anyone has altered their photos before posting them, let us know.

I am using Camera 360 myself with better results but I seen a few shots posted that looked tweaked..

i know u can download Adobe Photoshop in the market place, i tried it and i was impressed-

Well you really don't need Adobe Photoshop because there is a photo editing app installed in gallery app pre installed,after taking shot you can open image in viewer click left menu and select edit, advance and you can modify images color, brightness and many other setting.

Last edited:

ChevyStorm88

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Everything Grainy

So for everyone using stock, are you tweaking the settings? The camera is the ONLY part of my X I am disappointed with. I am on the 8mp setting, and it seemed that even my Droid1 was better. Everything I take is grainy...

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not tweaking any settings for the most part. I am on Auto if taking a normal shot and Macro if taking a closer shot. My pictures looks decent, at least I think so!

ChevyStorm88

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm not tweaking any settings for the most part. I am on Auto if taking a normal shot and Macro if taking a closer shot. My pictures looks decent, at least I think so!

Definitely, and that is the worst part! I thought the quality was worse than my D1, but also thought it might be in my head. Then I see everyone else's shots, and I realize mine are HORRIBLE in comparison. I can't upload any of my shots (I think because I'm a newbie) or else I'd show you how bad they are :(, thanks for the help though...

powermanaf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Also, don't snap a photo right when you pan to a subject. Give the camera a few seconds to auto adjust for the exposure and it will generally even things out a bit when you are shooting in harsh lighting conditions.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I took this pic to show the difference in micro-USB ports from the Motorola cable (left) to a 3rd party cable. Both my fiance and I having used the same 3rd party cables have been experiencing problems with plugging our droids in on the occasion. It wouldn't recognize that we plugged our phones in even after switching back to the stock cables. Just a heads up along with a shiny close-up pic :p

tdrus1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
None of the photo's I've posted were altered, all were as vanilla point-n-shoot as it gets.

I can tell you what though, I'll be damned if I don't ever use a noise post-processing filter on any of my future personal keep-sake shots. The photos can be extremely grainy at times, even in direct sunlight. Look at the pics I took of my red corvette. The top parts in pure sunlight are smooth and clear, but the parts on the side of the body are extremely grainy.

Unfortunately, it isn't quite that simple. You'll find that noise-reduction algorithms tend to nuke the detail from pictures.

Also, i don't quite see what you are referring to in the vette pics. I could be wrong, but i'm relatively certain the X has no dynamic ISO capability...meaning it cannot alter exposure or ISO within a single frame. Noise is less noticeable in the brighter areas, but it's technically just as prevalent as in the darker areas of the image. Also, the DX seems to have pretty tight Depth-of-Field, meaning, the relative depth of in-focus area in the image is pretty small. i think this comes into play in those vette pictures as well. Taking an image down the length of the car, (in the front-right quarter view for example) you have a plane of focus that crosses mid hood left to right. anything in front of that and behind that appears increasingly out of focus. Sorry, i don't mean to knock you, you just pointed out too things i had been pondering about going over these images. I'm still rocking ( hating) a Tour until i can fire off my early upgrade on the 18th.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Been comparing Camera 360, Vignette and the default app and I have to say, c360 seems to be the best. These pics were zoomed and cropped so that's why they're grainy.

These three were taken with the default app. Only one came out pretty sharp and I had to hold very still:
default4v.jpg

Default3-1.jpg

default1g.jpg

This is Vignette. Better but not much better than stock:

vignette1h.jpg

vignette2.jpg

Camera 360. The best IMO:

c3602.jpg

c3601.jpg

Forgot to mention these were taken in low light with no flash.

Last edited:

mdmill1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Here is a comparison of stock and C360.... Using default settings for all shots..
attachment.php
STOCK

attachment.php
C360

attachment.php
STOCK

attachment.php
C360

Wow talk about night and day. I have been playing around with the brightness in low light with no flash and the pictures come out better then the stock settings in low light.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it looks like the camera hardware is better than we're giving it credit for. It's just that the stock app isn't as optimized as it should be. Motorola should just tap the guy or guys who made 360 or Vignette for some pointers.

Took this with 360 at sunset today:

c36020100811192255.jpg

The stock app would have botched that picture. You can even see the birds flying.

Last edited:

Jumper_jax

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So this might be a dumb question but how do i shoot regular pictures with camera 360? Everytime i try to take a picture it uses the random effect setting and i can't figure out how to take real pictures... every pic i've taken with c360 looks all effecty or distorted.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
So this might be a dumb question but how do i shoot regular pictures with camera 360? Everytime i try to take a picture it uses the random effect setting and i can't figure out how to take real pictures... every pic i've taken with c360 looks all effecty or distorted.

Make sure the effect mode (bottom icon)is set to normal. Also check the other settings to be sure no filters are on. Check the night mode setting as well.