Opinions on call quality?

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that have talked on the phone ..

How is actually talking on the phone? Is the speaker good? Volume loud enough? Can you tell a difference with the noise reduction mic?

What about talking on speaker phone? Any thoughts there?

I found that I was really unimpressed with the Evo in this area and was one of the big reasons for returning it.

Thanks!!

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
For those of you that have talked on the phone ..

How is actually talking on the phone? Is the speaker good? Volume loud enough? Can you tell a difference with the noise reduction mic?

What about talking on speaker phone? Any thoughts there?

I found that I was really unimpressed with the Evo in this area and was one of the big reasons for returning it.

Thanks!!

So far, talking on the phone actually sounds better then my Inc. My Incs call quality was terrible. This things like my old Droid, nice and clear.

mattera68

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
When on the phone and the other person is talking, I am hearing some sort of noise, maybe overmodulation? Im not sure but it has been almost every call. Im not sure if that is the right description but im hearing a noise.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
When on the phone and the other person is talking, I am hearing some sort of noise, maybe overmodulation? Im not sure but it has been almost every call. Im not sure if that is the right description but im hearing a noise.

I think I have the same issue as you. It sounds like reverberation or something. It isn't a constant noise, only happens when someone speaks, like their audio is clipped and buzzed. I brought the phone to Verizon and the tech said "yeah, I hear it". So now I have to return the X and get a new one when they get them in next week. :(