Multiple Pop/Imap Email Accounts Question

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have multiple (3) email accounts with one domain and another email account with a different domain. All seem to have been added successfully, however in the Email client only one is being listed. How do I get the others to list? I am receiving the notifications at the top pull down ... I can see the messages in the other accounts I sent test emails to.

Any clues?

Last edited:

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Interesting...I'm noticing that too if i click on the "email" app. FYI you should see all of them if you go into the "messaging" app until we figure out how to switch in the email app (providing you can that is)

kdb9904

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have that problem too. In the original Droid this works. What I have found by accident is there is a new icon called "Messaging." All of your accounts will be listed under that icon. I still can't figure out how to move just certain icons to the home screen, but at least I have found my email accounts!

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
So far, after playing around with this for a minute or two, I think the "Messaging" icon is only way to easily go between separate IMAP or POP accounts. I tried setting up two different email icons on my home screen, but if you toggle the default mailbox on one, it changes the view on both.

The way I've dealt with this issue, generally, is to have certain email come in through one of my Gmail accounts, with labels. The labels convey to my Gmail app inbox.

Last edited:

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the X as my work phone. (Coming from a BB Storm) So if i have my work email and personal email setup on it, all emails will go to the same folder? there is no way to have a seperate folder for each? Am i understanding this right? Thx guys.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
SS, once you click on the Messages icon, you will see a Universal Inbox, Messages, and then all of your email accounts, not including your gmail account. So they are separate. Hope that helps.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the X as my work phone. (Coming from a BB Storm) So if i have my work email and personal email setup on it, all emails will go to the same folder? there is no way to have a seperate folder for each? Am i understanding this right? Thx guys.

No. If both email accounts are POP or IMAP, you would set up two separate accounts. The catch is (from what I've been able to observe) that you have to choose the default inbox to display on the email icon that you place on your screen--you would probably use that for your work e-mail. All the other accounts will show up in the "messaging" app icon. If you add the messaging icon to your screen and click on it, you will see multiple mailboxes there.

messaging_app.jpg

This one shows Gmail below the e-mail icon, but imagine there were a couple of those e-mail icons with different names on them--representing your work and personal accounts. You'll see message counts there and can easily jump from one inbox to another. The messages stay separate.

Naturally, if your personal account is Gmail or Yahoo, you can set that up and it will show up in its own space.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
SS, once you click on the Messages icon, you will see a Universal Inbox, Messages, and then all of your email accounts, not including your gmail account. So they are separate. Hope that helps.

So they will just show like this?......

@Comcast.net..Hello new message
@workmail.net...Hello new message
@Comcast.net...Hello new message
@Comcast.net...Hello new message

Coming from a BB Storm i really like having separate folders for each..

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
No. If both email accounts are POP or IMAP, you would set up two separate accounts. The catch is (from what I've been able to observe) that you have to choose the default inbox to display on the email icon that you place on your screen--you would probably use that for your work e-mail. All the other accounts will show up in the "messaging" app icon. If you add the messaging icon to your screen and click on it, you will see multiple mailboxes there.

messaging_app.jpg

This one shows Gmail below the e-mail icon, but imagine there were a couple of those e-mail icons with different names on them--representing your work and personal accounts. You'll see message counts there and can easily jump from one inbox to another. The messages stay separate.

Naturally, if your personal account is Gmail or Yahoo, you can set that up and it will show up in its own space.

GOTCHA!!! Thanks... I was worried they would all be in together..

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Any tell me y I lost AOL? Get error message invalid server return it worked earlier but this afternoon I lost it. I can check via mobile web

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I used K9 on the droid and it was pretty good. It is worth checking out, but definitely had some quirks. Last I used it, it didn't have a search feature for beyond the limited number of emails it has in its list. It also didn't size some of emails correctly, but the devs are good and working hard to update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay