Speakers Very Weak!!!

Checkingout

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Other App Volume issues?

Sounds like ringtones have low volume...how about other applications, such as Google Maps and Turn x Turn Directions (also does it work with BT?) Or Speakerphone volume. Thanks Kindly.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I compared it to the droid and it's not as loud but it is clearer with less crackling. So far its not a problem for me though. It can probably be improved with a software update.

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Went into Verizon today to purchase accessories for my X. Spoke with one of the reps helping me, who had her X on her desk. She said the only issue she had with the phone was listening to her music without earbuds...it was too low in volume without them.

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
maby its a warrenty issue ? some are saying its the same volume as the org. droid. and lots are saying its soft.... hmmmmm...

raymondpk

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I am so disappointed at this speaker volume. I keep miss calls when I am outside. You cannot hear the ring at all. I am not blaming because I cannot listen music, or watch youtube. Even though, it has beautiful screen, fast cpu, it lost basic function of the phone!! I am really considering returning this phone because of this stupid issue.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine is very loud.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I hope mine is too!! Mine gets delivered today and the volume is the one thing I didn't check when I played with it in the store. I chose the X over the Incredible for screen size, build quality, and the fact it has a nice 1st party dock. I use the dock for bedside and the phone for an alarm clock.

This is really hindering my excitement to receive this phone. It is such an important feature to me and to find that it may not be loud enough is a real bummer cause I love everything else about the phone. My Storm 2 was great as an alarm clock and I never missed calls with the ringer on. I will try to stick it out as I hear that Moto may try to fix with an update. Here is to hoping that they do!!!

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to bring up an old thread but has any one come up with any ideas to make this thing louder? I can barely hear my phone say droooooiiiid when its sitting on the table in front of me. None of the other notification sounds are any louder...

Edit:I guess its not that old. I didn't read through the whole thread. I did now though and still don't see a definite fix. Couldn't there be some app that could allow you to increase your volume more?

Last edited:

RoRClubSave

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I always put my speaker phone on, durning a phone call
and can hear everything so much better and leave the phone
on the desk or cell phone stand.

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I expect to get mine this week and hope the volume is OK. My Storm is pretty loud and the DroidX I played around with in the store seemed to be about 2/3-3/4 as loud. I hope I will be able to hear it. I guess I'm going to have to play around with ringtones!

Scott

wmc

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Did 2.2 increase the ringer volume on the Droid X? I like this phone but so far the alert volume is a deal breaker because I am hearing impaired.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else think that the ringer volume is a bit low. I have a ringtone that I was using on my Storm 1 and I could hear it anywhere in my house. I put the same tone on the Droid X and I can barely hear it across the room. I have turned the ringer and notifications volumes up fully.

Yes, agreed, it is weak compared to the speaker in a Droid Incredible... kinda surprising how much of a difference.:eek:

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
On mine thev phone sound is great, nice and loud. So are the system notifications. However, the alarm clock is erratic - sometimes it does not go off at all and others it is very faint sounding. I really wish this could be fixed.

m3commish

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
If your ringer volume is up, notifications should be too. Check settings. Something is wrong if it is not loud enough. The X has a very clear speaker and 7/10 on the volume scale for a cell phone. Only bested by the old Blackberry 9000, but rest of the package blows away those old Blackberries.

But a 2, when you compare it to the D1. Imho, if they would patch this low volume issue .. the X would be the sexiest. Until then, it's bleh.

teookie

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the X and the volume used to be super loud but for the past week it's been really quiet. What gives? Looks like there is no solution?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If no one else mentioned it ... Go into settings > sound > system. Increase the system sound to the max, then adjust all the others to what you want. The system sounds is a baseline for all other sounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463