1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help home issues with droid x

Okay, so no one will answer me but i know im not crazy. Can anyone confirm this for me. When you download launcher pro, or adw launcher whatever, can you set the motorola default home as your default. Let me explain, when you push the physical home button, what does your phone do? Because for my phone and my friends phone it automatically puts you to your home replacement it will not take you to motorolas default home screen no matter if you have it set for default or not. Please some one tell me how to fix because i love launcher pro but i feel like i shouldnt have to uninstall it if i want to switch to the default motorola home.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Goto the Market and download "Home Switcher". Open it up and itll give you exactly what you want. Options as to what UI you wish to use. Download it, install it, love it because right now I hate the Motorolas stock UI. Too damn slow and too sluggish. LauncherPro is where its at.

On my Droid I noticed that the Launcher Pro would hijack my home button no matter which (Moto, LP, Zeam, etc) i have installed; if you're having the same problem you will have to uninstall LP when you don't want it as the default.

Edit: This occurs even though I have home Switcher installed; it would jump back to LP even though it still showed Zeam as the default.
    Last edited by CrackberryMike; 07-16-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Curve>Voyager>Storm>Tour>Droid> Droid X>Thunderbolt>Galaxy Nexus>Samsung SIII
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

its not just launcher pro, and that never happened on my moto droid. its not okay to pay this much and not get this fixed i will return it over this issue and also i know all about home switcher im not a noob at all. But i thought someone might know something i don't

Quote Originally Posted by bart151 View Post
    Goto the Market and download "Home Switcher". Open it up and itll give you exactly what you want. Options as to what UI you wish to use. Download it, install it, love it because right now I hate the Motorolas stock UI. Too damn slow and too sluggish. LauncherPro is where its at.
    Ditto on this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Why do u want to switch? if you have stock X launcher set up with widgets and what note it will be pulling info and using resources and battery. First thing I did was clear every screen trash it all totally clean. Then dl launcher pro hit the backup I had saved on SD card and my launcher and screens where replaced like my droid. Of course widgets had to manually restore. I think that is wby MOTO did this way to conserve resources. No need to run multiple launchers.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Why do u want to switch? if you have stock X launcher set up with widgets and what note it will be pulling info and using resources and battery. First thing I did was clear every screen trash it all totally clean. Then dl launcher pro hit the backup I had saved on SD card and my launcher and screens where replaced like my droid. Of course widgets had to manually restore. I think that is wby MOTO did this way to conserve resources. No need to run multiple launchers.
    No offense but maybe if I wasn't on open source such as I iphone I would want a corporation to tell me what's best but I want the choice to switch.