1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

Default loose buttons?

Is this a common thing with the X? I noticed that the front buttons have quite a bit of room to move. They feel like the volume rocker on the original Droid.

I don't know if it's my OCD or what, but why does Motorola make such a high end phone, but attach such loose buttons?

I still love the phone, but after having soft buttons on both the Droid and Incredible, they feel out of place.

Now that you pointed it out, my buttons do have some up/down wiggle to them. But they feel secure enough that I won't worry too much about them.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Yea I think you are me you were used to the Incrediable,I think they will be fine. IMO

Mine seem pretty tight

Default Re: loose buttons?

Mine have up and down movement, but i'm not worried one bit!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Androidoholic

ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

I wouldn't worry about it unless you were actually trying to take them off with pliers or something
    Galaxy Nexus

Nokia 920

Moto X

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Default Re: loose buttons?

I can definitely jiggle mine up and down just a bit, but I have no worries that they might fall off or anything.

Free Verizon phone > Moto Q9c > Blackberry 8830 > Blackberry Tour 9630 > Blackberry Bold 9650 > DROID X!

Quote Originally Posted by mflynn View Post
    Mine seem pretty tight
    that's what she said...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WDC View Post
    I can definitely jiggle mine up and down just a bit, but I have no worries that they might fall off or anything.

not at all worried about them coming off, i just hope they don't become more-loose over time

Don't worry too much about it. Usually, physical buttons have some movement to them. I don't think that its going to be a big problem.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Mine feel so much better even the side buttons are solid. My Droid was loose. Loving my X.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

They are fine for me too. I think the slight travel they have actually makes them feel more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonx1000 View Post
    Is this a common thing with the X? I noticed that the front buttons have quite a bit of room to move. They feel like the volume rocker on the original Droid.

I don't know if it's my OCD or what, but why does Motorola make such a high end phone, but attach such loose buttons?

I still love the phone, but after having soft buttons on both the Droid and Incredible, they feel out of place.
    They are not loose; this "play" was designed in.
    Curve>Voyager>Storm>Tour>Droid> Droid X>Thunderbolt>Galaxy Nexus>Samsung SIII