Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by jedge View Post
    It should do this automatically. Are you sure the dock is plugged into a working power outlet? Are you using the Motorola dock?

Here's a question: There's an application in the drawer to startup Car Dock mode (even if it's not in a car dock), so why isn't there an app to startup Media Dock mode even if it's not in a dock?
    The media dock is nothing more than showing the time like an alarm clock. There is an app to download if you would like to see the phone like that all the time. Otherwise it uses a magnet to sense when its docked.

Great tips, keep em coming!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I do not get cell service at work and would like to turn 3G/mobile service off and run Wifi only. Wifi easy, turning 3G/Mobile off no clue... please help...

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I know there are a few things in the market (they cost money) that give you a 2g/3g switch in the power control. Believe it is called "Extended Controls" and it is $0.99.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    found out that you can actually disable the lock screen in the settings menu:
    Menu>settings>location & security and from there just uncheck the screen lock option. Best part is that you can disable the swipe lock, while still keeping a passcode or pattern lock if you want
    thank you!!

Default Same boat...

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Do you have any potential swype tips? I tried it and just can't get it down.
    I tried it all weekend, and I really can't get into it. I actually type faster tapping. I tried the demo but it just got annoying. It's just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    Try this...

Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Stay Awake
    thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by jedge View Post
    Here's a question: There's an application in the drawer to startup Car Dock mode (even if it's not in a car dock), so why isn't there an app to startup Media Dock mode even if it's not in a dock?
    I wondered the same thing.
    My phone is....Incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by komquat View Post
    I do not get cell service at work and would like to turn 3G/mobile service off and run Wifi only. Wifi easy, turning 3G/Mobile off no clue... please help...
    I looked at this also, When I turn the wifi on, as long as there is wifi my 3G appears to be off. The reason I say this, is if you turn wifi on, then go to settings > About Phone > Status and scroll down to Mobile network state, mine says disconnected, until that is I turn wifi off or their is no wifi signal.

Let me know if you get the same results.

Hey how do you set you voicemail password to input automatically. i mean ive done it the way its supposed to be done but when i call my vmail it still asks me for it even after i set it?
    Droid 3!!!!! Insert Evil Laugh

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kroman1107 View Post
    Hey how do you set you voicemail password to input automatically. i mean ive done it the way its supposed to be done but when i call my vmail it still asks me for it even after i set it?
    Settings > Call settings > Voicemail setting, then input *86,[pass], should work. Don't forget the comma between the *86 and your pass
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

For anyone that isn't having good reception, try this:

1. Go to the dialer
    2. Dial *228
    3. Press 2 when prompted and wait until the process is finished (should take about a minute)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ceriem View Post
    Settings > Call settings > Voicemail setting, then input *86,[pass], should work. Don't forget the comma between the *86 and your pass
    didn't work for me

I have a question? how do i get rom games to play with nesoid, snesoid ect.. to download and play nice on droid x it worked on my droid incredible to download files from places like doperoms. is there something i'm missing ?

HELP!

I ordered a ringtone from the verizon store online and received the text message. However, in my current brain dead state, I can't figure out how to save the stupid thing to my phone. My apologies for the stupidity, but, anyway, HELP!!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robdiggie81 View Post
    I have a question? how do i get rom games to play with nesoid, snesoid ect.. to download and play nice on droid x it worked on my droid incredible to download files from places like doperoms. is there something i'm missing ?
    Mine work just fine. I had NESoid and SNESoid on my Droid and when I upgraded to the X, I just transferred them over to a folder on my memory card and they work fine.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

tip: ;
    launcher pro is worth the 3 bucks
    Thanked by:

Mine work just fine. I had NESoid and SNESoid on my Droid and when I upgraded to the X, I just transferred them over to a folder on my memory card and they work fine.
    right but what if your trying to download new games to your phone

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silent1643 View Post
    didn't work for me
    3 things. first delete voicemail from speed dial #1. Second, go to contacts and select voicemail, under settings select edit and add ",,password#" to the end. third, go to speed dial and add voicemail back to the first spot.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

No need to convert. Download rockplayer as it plays avi and other formats. Way better the stock player.
    Thanked by 4:

Wallpaper Tip

- keeping in mind all 7 home screens, resolution is 960x854
    - if you get the crop screen, make it full size by holding down on the orange lines and dragging it to the edges. I usually pick the top line on the box and drag up and it sizes the other parts to fit
    - there are some cool 960x854 sized wallpapers (see link below) that other Droid X users have posted (tap and hold on the picture and choose save image to save it (defaults to the download directory on your SD card and will show up in your gallery automatically):

Official Droid X Wallpaper Of The Day! Whats Yours?! - Android Forums

Quote Originally Posted by deeemaa View Post
    No need to convert. Download rockplayer as it plays avi and other formats. Way better the stock player.
    Hmm, I'm going to have to check this out.
    Nexus 6, Midnight Blue
    Previously: Moto X (Ebony wood back, silver accents, black front) - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Droid X - Blackberry Tour 9630 - Dumbphones

Is there a setting to change when the phone is active like an off peak function so it stops searching during the night while I am sleeping?

Quote Originally Posted by komquat View Post
    Add the app called Powercontrol. By default the 3rd screen to the left should have a toggle at the top for wifi, bluetooth, 3G and airplane mode. Powercontrol just replaces 3G and airplane mode buttons for data sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidNewb View Post
    Is there a setting to change when the phone is active like an off peak function so it stops searching during the night while I am sleeping?
    profile manager
    dindy

Quote Originally Posted by silent1643 View Post
    profile manager
    dindy
    isn't there a saver mode installed on the device already? to deactivate the device while you are not using it?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast