Tips and Tricks for the Droid X

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
how do you leave the screen on when it is on the dock to use it as a desk clock without changing the timeout settings?

It should do this automatically. Are you sure the dock is plugged into a working power outlet? Are you using the Motorola dock?

Here's a question: There's an application in the drawer to startup Car Dock mode (even if it's not in a car dock), so why isn't there an app to startup Media Dock mode even if it's not in a dock?

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Almost all of these Droid Tips and Tricks work for the X as well:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/9829-droid-incredible-tips-tricks-thread.html

Many of my other favorite tips involve apps that provide the features I wish were built in.
? MyBackup Pro : Backup apps, messages, contacts, calendar, etc. automatically to the cloud and your SD card - If you only buy one app, buy this one. $5
? Missed Call : Set repeating reminder alerts for calendar, messages, emails, etc.
? AppBrain plus Fast Web Installer : Search for and install Android Marketplace apps directly from your computer. Great app recommendations for you based on your interests.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
It should do this automatically. Are you sure the dock is plugged into a working power outlet? Are you using the Motorola dock?

Here's a question: There's an application in the drawer to startup Car Dock mode (even if it's not in a car dock), so why isn't there an app to startup Media Dock mode even if it's not in a dock?

The media dock is nothing more than showing the time like an alarm clock. There is an app to download if you would like to see the phone like that all the time. Otherwise it uses a magnet to sense when its docked.

Great tips, keep em coming!:D

komquat

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I do not get cell service at work and would like to turn 3G/mobile service off and run Wifi only. Wifi easy, turning 3G/Mobile off no clue... please help...

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I know there are a few things in the market (they cost money) that give you a 2g/3g switch in the power control. Believe it is called "Extended Controls" and it is $0.99.

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
found out that you can actually disable the lock screen in the settings menu:
Menu>settings>location & security and from there just uncheck the screen lock option. Best part is that you can disable the swipe lock, while still keeping a passcode or pattern lock if you want

thank you!!

hemiguy37

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I do not get cell service at work and would like to turn 3G/mobile service off and run Wifi only. Wifi easy, turning 3G/Mobile off no clue... please help...

I looked at this also, When I turn the wifi on, as long as there is wifi my 3G appears to be off. The reason I say this, is if you turn wifi on, then go to settings > About Phone > Status and scroll down to Mobile network state, mine says disconnected, until that is I turn wifi off or their is no wifi signal.

Let me know if you get the same results.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey how do you set you voicemail password to input automatically. i mean ive done it the way its supposed to be done but when i call my vmail it still asks me for it even after i set it?

dragozoid

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
For anyone that isn't having good reception, try this:

1. Go to the dialer
2. Dial *228
3. Press 2 when prompted and wait until the process is finished (should take about a minute)

robdiggie81#AC

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have a question? how do i get rom games to play with nesoid, snesoid ect.. to download and play nice on droid x it worked on my droid incredible to download files from places like doperoms. is there something i'm missing ?

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
HELP!

I ordered a ringtone from the verizon store online and received the text message. However, in my current brain dead state, I can't figure out how to save the stupid thing to my phone. My apologies for the stupidity, but, anyway, HELP!!!

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a question? how do i get rom games to play with nesoid, snesoid ect.. to download and play nice on droid x it worked on my droid incredible to download files from places like doperoms. is there something i'm missing ?

Mine work just fine. I had NESoid and SNESoid on my Droid and when I upgraded to the X, I just transferred them over to a folder on my memory card and they work fine.