Tips and Tricks for the Droid X

Vald

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Wallpaper Tip

- keeping in mind all 7 home screens, resolution is 960x854
- if you get the crop screen, make it full size by holding down on the orange lines and dragging it to the edges. I usually pick the top line on the box and drag up and it sizes the other parts to fit
- there are some cool 960x854 sized wallpapers (see link below) that other Droid X users have posted (tap and hold on the picture and choose save image to save it (defaults to the download directory on your SD card and will show up in your gallery automatically):

Official Droid X Wallpaper Of The Day! Whats Yours?! - Android Forums

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there a setting to change when the phone is active like an off peak function so it stops searching during the night while I am sleeping?

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I do not get cell service at work and would like to turn 3G/mobile service off and run Wifi only. Wifi easy, turning 3G/Mobile off no clue... please help...
Add the app called Powercontrol. By default the 3rd screen to the left should have a toggle at the top for wifi, bluetooth, 3G and airplane mode. Powercontrol just replaces 3G and airplane mode buttons for data sharing.

themaclady

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to turn off the chirping sound I get every time an email arrives? I have looked in lots of settings but can't find it.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to turn off the chirping sound I get every time an email arrives? I have looked in lots of settings but can't find it.

Go to GMail > Press Menu Key and select Settings > Find Notification Settings and select the ringtone you want

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any potential swype tips? I tried it and just can't get it down.

Not for everyone. Still going back and forth on it myself. But some notable advantages:

• Shorter than ragural keyboard, so mosre pace left on the screen for the actual text/content.
  • Can still peck away one key at a time, in addition to the swypte gestures.
  • Drag from Swype to 5-key ("F") and get a phone-style number pad.

I disabled the sound on key press, but left the haptic (wish there was a reduced level haptic).

Last edited:

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You can generally toggle the keyboard by press-hold the Menu button.

In Contacts list, the keyboard will narrow down entries with just a few a couple letters.

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
for you former htc users check out dialer one its like the htc dialer its easy to call people if you have alot of contacts..you can dial by name and number

Speedr117

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Not for everyone. Still going back and forth on it myself. But some notable advantages:

• Shorter than ragural keyboard, so mosre pace left on the screen for the actual text/content.
  • Can still peck away one key at a time, in addition to the swypte gestures.
  • Drag from Swype to 5-key ("F") and get a phone-style number pad.

I disabled the sound on key press, but left the haptic (wish there was a reduced level haptic).

How did you turn off the sound on the swype keyboard? Thanks!