Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 233
  1. #51  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidNewb View Post
    isn't there a saver mode installed on the device already? to deactivate the device while you are not using it?
    Yeah you can find this in settings>battery manager> Battery Profile Options
    it is already selected from 10pm to 5am but you can change it as you please
  2. #52  

    Default

    Can someone tell me how to turn off the chirping sound I get every time an email arrives? I have looked in lots of settings but can't find it.
  3. #53  
    ceriem's Avatar

    Posts
    453 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LisaO View Post
    Can someone tell me how to turn off the chirping sound I get every time an email arrives? I have looked in lots of settings but can't find it.
    Go to GMail > Press Menu Key and select Settings > Find Notification Settings and select the ringtone you want
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^
  4. #54  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Do you have any potential swype tips? I tried it and just can't get it down.
    Not for everyone. Still going back and forth on it myself. But some notable advantages:

    • Shorter than ragural keyboard, so mosre pace left on the screen for the actual text/content.
    • Can still peck away one key at a time, in addition to the swypte gestures.
    • Drag from Swype to 5-key ("F") and get a phone-style number pad.


    I disabled the sound on key press, but left the haptic (wish there was a reduced level haptic).
    Last edited by exempli_gratia; 07-20-2010 at 04:45 PM.
  5. #55  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt420 View Post
    tip: ;
    launcher pro is worth the 3 bucks
    Also take a look at ADW.Launcher. Similar feature set. Quick. Flexible. Powerful. Also Free (I think LauncherPro still has a free version as well).
  6. #56  

    Default

    You can generally toggle the keyboard by press-hold the Menu button.

    In Contacts list, the keyboard will narrow down entries with just a few a couple letters.
  7. #57  
    tntdroid's Avatar
    Droiderator

    Posts
    5,672 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Nexus

    Default

    In the gallery click a photo hold down the screen with two fingers and push one up and other down. Will spin and save the photo
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

    Default

    for you former htc users check out dialer one its like the htc dialer its easy to call people if you have alot of contacts..you can dial by name and number
    Thanked by:
  9. #59  

    Smile Free tethering droid x mac os x

  10. #60  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exempli_gratia View Post
    Not for everyone. Still going back and forth on it myself. But some notable advantages:

    • Shorter than ragural keyboard, so mosre pace left on the screen for the actual text/content.
    • Can still peck away one key at a time, in addition to the swypte gestures.
    • Drag from Swype to 5-key ("F") and get a phone-style number pad.


    I disabled the sound on key press, but left the haptic (wish there was a reduced level haptic).
    How did you turn off the sound on the swype keyboard? Thanks!
  11. #61  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedr117 View Post
    How did you turn off the sound on the swype keyboard? Thanks!
    under settings->keyboard->swype settings
  12. #62  

    Default

    Is there a way for the moto clock widget to open the clock and alarm app? If not I do not see how motorola missed that.
  13. #63  

    Default

    not sure if any of you have come across this yet, but when your phone is ringing, you can flip the phone to face down and it will swap it to vibrate (great for if you are in a meeting and forgot to silence your phone)
  14. #64  
    doctorlove316's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,214 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rooktdphi View Post
    not sure if any of you have come across this yet, but when your phone is ringing, you can flip the phone to face down and it will swap it to vibrate (great for if you are in a meeting and forgot to silence your phone)
    Yeah, that is pretty cool. There's an option in the settings to turn that on or off as well as double tapping the screen to silence the ringer.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
  15. #65  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silent1643 View Post
    under settings->keyboard->swype settings
    Thank you!
  16. #66  
    beastcmg's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default Ringtone for contacts

    go into contacts select the contact you want push menu then edit scroll down and you should see additional info expand that and scroll down and you should see call handling ringtone select the arrow and pick the ring tone you want.
    Droid X
  17. #67  

    Default

    Any way to refresh a webpage in the browser?
  18. #68  
    terpitude71's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,165 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith View Post
    Any way to refresh a webpage in the browser?
    menu>refresh
    Thanked by:
  19. #69  
    jedge's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default

    You can edit Beautiful Widgets Home without deleting/recreating it.
    Just tap on the weather portion to go into the extended forecast, then click the Settings button and you can change the skin and/or configuration from there.
    Thanked by 2:
  20. #70  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    menu>refresh
    Duh. :o

    Seems simple enough. Thank you.
  21. #71  

    Default Facebook and contact question

    Quote Originally Posted by silent1643 View Post
    Don't add your facebook or your contacts will auto sync with your friends. Instead download facebook and use syncmypix just to synch the photos. Also get sms-pop up

    How do you syncmypix with facebook and your contacts???
  22. #72  

    Default Ringers

    How do you save ringers from a text to your phone. I cant fiqure out on how to using phone zoo!?
  23. #73  

    Default

    when typing (swype, swiftkey, multi-touch) and long press the red bulls-eye, a magnifier window pops up of the word under the bulls-eye.
    Bye bye S1 hello Droid X
  24. #74  
    tntdroid's Avatar
    Droiderator

    Posts
    5,672 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Nexus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jedge View Post
    You can edit Beautiful Widgets Home without deleting/recreating it.
    Just tap on the weather portion to go into the extended forecast, then click the Settings button and you can change the skin and/or configuration from there.
    Thanks! Ive been delete/adding for months now. So much better!
  25. #75  

    Default

    Swype cursor control and edit keyboard is accessed by dragging the Swype key to the Sym key. Much better editing function!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions