- 07-30-2010, 09:43 AM #101
- 07-30-2010, 10:34 AM #102
- 2,198 Posts
I noticed a cool little change to the new start launcher animation today, the program list now has a somewhat page wrap effect at top and bottom when menu is scrolled.. Nothing major but thought it gave a nice look.
Last edited by wildman; 07-30-2010 at 10:42 AM.
- 07-30-2010, 11:55 AM #103
- 07-30-2010, 12:18 PM #104
I thought that was a 3rd party launcher with 3D app drawer enabled. Correct me if I'm wrong.
- 07-30-2010, 12:32 PM #105
- 07-30-2010, 02:55 PM #106
- 07-30-2010, 08:50 PM #107
- 07-31-2010, 01:12 AM #108
- 08-03-2010, 06:16 PM #109
I just discovered (after 2+ weeks) that the home screens will display in landscape. But I can't get it to change just by shifting the DX sideways ... and it just kind of showed up landscape by accident. I DO have the settings set up to allow automatic hcanges from portrait to landscape. What's the secret to get the home screens to shift?
I just got a nice dock for the DX and would like to keep the DX in Landscape while on it, but other than that one time, I can't get the homescreen to shift from portrait.
Thanks!Always learning ...
- 08-03-2010, 07:03 PM #110
- 08-06-2010, 08:23 PM #111
- 2 Posts
Auto logon to Voice Mail
1. Delete the preprogrammed voice mail speed dial entries
2. Edit the voicemail speed dial entry in your contact list to include: *86,,[password]# (do not include brackets, just enter your password)
3. Add a new Voice mail speed dial from the contact you just edited
4. Now, here's the trick. Call your voicemail. When it prompts you to enter your password, take the phone away from your ear. It will then send your password through (you will briefly hear it). And that's it - it works.
I have no idea how or why it works, but it does. I wish it worked as it normally should, and just pass the password along automatically, but it doesn't. It's a shame that Verizon is unable to make this work. This is the best workaround I have found. Let me know what you think.
- 08-07-2010, 03:54 PM #112
- 18 Posts
Here's a tip I haven't seen anyone post yet... You know how the stock launcher icons disappear (and get replaced with the warp dots) when swiping from screen to screen, then you have to wait 1-2 seconds before the launcher icons come back up? Well if you just tap the screen in an open space the icons will pop back up instantly. Not that that was a big deal or anything...
- 08-07-2010, 05:44 PM #113
- 08-07-2010, 11:51 PM #114
- 08-10-2010, 02:25 AM #115
If you want to use your Droid X like a real computer and not be sent to those watered down mobile sites, install the Dolphin HD browser and switch user agent to "desktop"in the settings menu. Works great for me since I hate the touch facebook mobile site.
- 08-10-2010, 11:16 AM #116
- 08-10-2010, 02:10 PM #117
- 08-10-2010, 09:59 PM #118
- 08-10-2010, 11:36 PM #119
- 08-11-2010, 06:03 AM #120
- 08-11-2010, 08:02 AM #121
- 14 Posts
I only figured this out by accident and I'm unsure if anyone has mentioned it before but here goes:
After you take a picture, you can touch the pic on the screen and rotate the picture any degree you want and once its at your desired angle, it will be saved after you take your finger away.
- 08-12-2010, 09:39 AM #122
Edit: Never mind, another user already posted that tip in this thread and was a little more clear:
Last edited by spooksmcgee; 08-12-2010 at 10:43 AM.
- 08-14-2010, 09:47 PM #123
- 08-15-2010, 10:41 AM #124
- 08-15-2010, 01:29 PM #125