Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 233
  1. #101  

    Default

    I did figure out how to download the video someone sent me via text and then get it onto YouTube to then post on FB........downloaded the Save MMS app. The video was saved in a folder there. Just an FYI.
  2. #102  

    Default

    I noticed a cool little change to the new start launcher animation today, the program list now has a somewhat page wrap effect at top and bottom when menu is scrolled.. Nothing major but thought it gave a nice look.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tips and Tricks for the Droid X-custom-start-menu-1.jpg  
    Last edited by wildman; 07-30-2010 at 10:42 AM.
    Thanked by:
    tritan 
  3. #103  

    Default

    hmm...i don't have that...
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

    rootless
  4. #104  
    doctorlove316's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,214 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

    Default

    I thought that was a 3rd party launcher with 3D app drawer enabled. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
  5. #105  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    I thought that was a 3rd party launcher with 3D app drawer enabled. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    That's accurate. I don't think it can do that stock.
    Moto X (Ebony wood back, silver accents, black front)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Droid X - Blackberry Tour 9630 - Dumbphones
  6. #106  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonOak View Post
    That's accurate. I don't think it can do that stock.
    OK, that must be because i thought it was new to see it because I never noticed it before until today. I figured out that is part of Launcher Pro I just updated it yesterday and it was a feature in that application.. Glad to know now.:o
  7. #107  
    kj11's Avatar

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts

    Default

    how to un hide friends you have hidden in google talk...you need your hidden friend to send you a message, then long press on the chat from your main google talk page...an option will come up to show friend
  8. #108  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00111 View Post
    Does anyone know how to turn off the camera sounds when taking a pic and starting a video?
    Turn you phones ringer down/Off and that will turn off the Camera sound
    Thanked by:
  9. #109  
    Arelunde's Avatar
    TECHFAN

    Posts
    1,338 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

    Default

    I just discovered (after 2+ weeks) that the home screens will display in landscape. But I can't get it to change just by shifting the DX sideways ... and it just kind of showed up landscape by accident. I DO have the settings set up to allow automatic hcanges from portrait to landscape. What's the secret to get the home screens to shift?

    I just got a nice dock for the DX and would like to keep the DX in Landscape while on it, but other than that one time, I can't get the homescreen to shift from portrait.

    Thanks!
    Always learning ...
  10. #110  
    Bond32's Avatar

    Posts
    1,356 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

    Default

    Arelunde, if you have the phone close to the dock (which has a magnet) it will cause the phone to think its in dock mode which in turn shows apps in landscape.
  11. #111  

    Smile Auto logon to Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Why don't you just enable the option to log into voice mail automatically when called from your phone? This option is in your voicemail option menu then you call in and go into settings menu through voice mail, You wont need anything changed to message *86 call in number.

    Correction I just learned that this option isnt on the system any longer, maybe because of the new VVM system.... Sorry, this appears not to be a option any longer..
    Ok everyone, I've been trying for a week to do this and even called Verizon and went to the store. Verizon customer support and the store technicians were ubable to figure it out. But, I figured out a workaround: Here you go:

    1. Delete the preprogrammed voice mail speed dial entries
    2. Edit the voicemail speed dial entry in your contact list to include: *86,,[password]# (do not include brackets, just enter your password)
    3. Add a new Voice mail speed dial from the contact you just edited
    4. Now, here's the trick. Call your voicemail. When it prompts you to enter your password, take the phone away from your ear. It will then send your password through (you will briefly hear it). And that's it - it works.

    I have no idea how or why it works, but it does. I wish it worked as it normally should, and just pass the password along automatically, but it doesn't. It's a shame that Verizon is unable to make this work. This is the best workaround I have found. Let me know what you think.
    Thanked by:
    Bond32 
  12. #112  

    Default

    Here's a tip I haven't seen anyone post yet... You know how the stock launcher icons disappear (and get replaced with the warp dots) when swiping from screen to screen, then you have to wait 1-2 seconds before the launcher icons come back up? Well if you just tap the screen in an open space the icons will pop back up instantly. Not that that was a big deal or anything...
  13. #113  
    tritan's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXGuy View Post
    Ok everyone, I've been trying for a week to do this and even called Verizon and went to the store. Verizon customer support and the store technicians were ubable to figure it out. But, I figured out a workaround: Here you go:

    1. Delete the preprogrammed voice mail speed dial entries
    2. Edit the voicemail speed dial entry in your contact list to include: *86,,[password]# (do not include brackets, just enter your password)
    3. Add a new Voice mail speed dial from the contact you just edited
    4. Now, here's the trick. Call your voicemail. When it prompts you to enter your password, take the phone away from your ear. It will then send your password through (you will briefly hear it). And that's it - it works.

    I have no idea how or why it works, but it does. I wish it worked as it normally should, and just pass the password along automatically, but it doesn't. It's a shame that Verizon is unable to make this work. This is the best workaround I have found. Let me know what you think.
    Hmmm I got it to work with #86 but it only works when I have a waiting voicemail and dial to get . If If I go to the dialer and want to dial it to change a setting it won't work. Strange.
    May the droid be with you !
  14. #114  
    Toxa's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    Hmmm I got it to work with #86 but it only works when I have a waiting voicemail and dial to get . If If I go to the dialer and want to dial it to change a setting it won't work. Strange.
    It works perfectly fine for me. I don't have to put my phone away from my ear. I have 2 pauses after* 86 to give it time to connect ( *86,,password). Works like a charm
  15. #115  
    sux2bu's Avatar

    Posts
    336 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

    Default

    If you want to use your Droid X like a real computer and not be sent to those watered down mobile sites, install the Dolphin HD browser and switch user agent to "desktop"in the settings menu. Works great for me since I hate the touch facebook mobile site.
  16. #116  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exempli_gratia View Post
    Not for everyone. Still going back and forth on it myself. But some notable advantages:

    • Shorter than ragural keyboard, so mosre pace left on the screen for the actual text/content.
    • Can still peck away one key at a time, in addition to the swypte gestures.
    • Drag from Swype to 5-key ("F") and get a phone-style number pad.


    I disabled the sound on key press, but left the haptic (wish there was a reduced level haptic).
    I've been trying to find Swype but the website says the beta swype in closed. Does anyone know where I can get it? Thanks in advance.
  17. #117  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    I've been trying to find Swype but the website says the beta swype in closed. Does anyone know where I can get it? Thanks in advance.
    Its pre-installed on the droid x. Press and hold in any text box -> input settings and choose swype
    Current: VZW Galaxy Nexus
    Previously: generic flip phones -> Samsung Alias u740 -> Blackberry Storm 1-> Droid X
  18. #118  

    Default

    Thanks I found it already.I guess that was the dumbest question that anyone has asked in here.guess you can tell that I'm a android newbie?In fact, I'm using it now.Very cool but very different.Gonna take some getting use to.
    Last edited by Bad Apple; 08-10-2010 at 10:03 PM.
  19. #119  
    kriscad's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    Thanks I found it already.I guess that was the dumbest question that anyone has asked in here.guess you can tell that I'm a android newbie?In fact, I'm using it now.Very cool but very different.Gonna take some getting use to.
    haha I was wondering too =- until I read your post! lol
  20. #120  
    kj11's Avatar

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    If you want to use your Droid X like a real computer and not be sent to those watered down mobile sites, install the Dolphin HD browser and switch user agent to "desktop"in the settings menu. Works great for me since I hate the touch facebook mobile site.
    Just found out that you can get the "desktop toggles" add on in the market to do this easier...when browsing hit menu>toolbar to bring up the icon.
  21. #121  

    Default

    I only figured this out by accident and I'm unsure if anyone has mentioned it before but here goes:


    After you take a picture, you can touch the pic on the screen and rotate the picture any degree you want and once its at your desired angle, it will be saved after you take your finger away.
  22. #122  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by envy View Post
    I only figured this out by accident and I'm unsure if anyone has mentioned it before but here goes:


    After you take a picture, you can touch the pic on the screen and rotate the picture any degree you want and once its at your desired angle, it will be saved after you take your finger away.
    That doesn't work at all for me. Touching the image immediately after taking a picture just brings up the "Share" "Set as" "quick upload" and "delete" toolbar.

    Edit: Never mind, another user already posted that tip in this thread and was a little more clear:

    Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    In the gallery click a photo hold down the screen with two fingers and push one up and other down. Will spin and save the photo
    Last edited by spooksmcgee; 08-12-2010 at 10:43 AM.
  23. #123  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by envy View Post
    I only figured this out by accident and I'm unsure if anyone has mentioned it before but here goes:


    After you take a picture, you can touch the pic on the screen and rotate the picture any degree you want and once its at your desired angle, it will be saved after you take your finger away.
    pretty neat ! Thanks
  24. #124  
    tritan's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    I noticed a cool little change to the new start launcher animation today, the program list now has a somewhat page wrap effect at top and bottom when menu is scrolled.. Nothing major but thought it gave a nice look.

    what is that battery meter with the precentage ? I also wondering is there an app for screen shots yet. If blackberry can do it why can't droid?
    May the droid be with you !
  25. #125  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    what is that battery meter with the precentage ? I also wondering is there an app for screen shots yet. If blackberry can do it why can't droid?
    The battery app is called Battery Status Pro, the icon can be seen right in his pic.

    Screen shots are possible if you root, not sure without (yet).
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions