- 09-07-2010, 12:39 PM #151
- 09-08-2010, 01:16 AM #152
- 09-09-2010, 11:05 AM #153
- 09-10-2010, 09:06 PM #154
- 09-11-2010, 05:36 PM #155
- 09-12-2010, 06:15 PM #156
- 09-12-2010, 07:20 PM #157
- 09-15-2010, 10:43 AM #158
- 09-17-2010, 11:44 AM #159
- 09-19-2010, 01:33 PM #160
lets you put a fullscreen widget on a homescreen that allows 4x6 or 5x6 icons totaling 24 or 30 icons. You also have the option to include the icon names or remove them.
I have tried to compile that and all of the tips that work on all Android phones into the Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks thread.— Milo
← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
- Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
- Keyboards — Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
- iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
If this helped, please click ↓Thanks & Like↓
- 09-19-2010, 02:53 PM #161
- 09-22-2010, 02:23 PM #162
How to get Direct Dial and Direct Text shortcuts on your homescreen
I found a way to get a Direct Dial shortcut using the free app Folder Organizer Lite. Long press the homescreen (or setup in Launcher Pro Dock icon) and select Shortcut, Folder Organizer Item, Direct Call, choose from your contact list.
For the Direct Text using Folder Organizer Lite again. Long press the homescreen (or setup in Launcher Pro Dock icon) and select Shortcut, Folder Organizer Item, Direct Text, choose from your contact list.a little obsessive...
- 09-22-2010, 04:02 PM #163
- 09-24-2010, 11:04 AM #164
- 10-07-2010, 05:19 PM #165
I found something absolutely hilarious!!
1. Go to the native text app and open a converstation (any will do)
2. long press one of the text message bubbles.
3. The third option (Copy messsage text), is spelled wrong (Really?!?!)
Thanks open source software!
- 10-07-2010, 09:13 PM #166
- 10-08-2010, 02:43 PM #167
- 10-10-2010, 12:12 AM #168
- 10-21-2010, 02:12 PM #169
- 10-22-2010, 11:33 AM #170
If you stream your music through your bluetooth car stereo and use the stock music player like I do here are two things you can do that will avoid 99% of the media player issues we've been having:
Keep the phone vertical.
Pause the music before breaking the bluetooth connection (turning car or stereo off).
This will not keep it from cutting off the end of songs every now and then, but it will keep your phone from hanging for 2 minutes when trying to unlock it or having to pull the battery.
Since discovering this I have been able to listen to the stock player without problems in the car, at home, and at work. I can control the music using the phone controls, stereo controls, or the controls on my Sony Ericsson MBW-150 (using OpenWatch) and none of the controls give me the slightest issue.
- 10-22-2010, 10:30 PM #171
- Remove Facebook from "My Accounts"?
- Do I need to have the Facebook app (from the Market) on my phone?
I don't have the Facebook app on my phone, but I did link my Facebook account to my phone, so all my Facebook friends show up in there.
If I don't have the Facebook app then how would it be able to look at my Facebook friends?
Just wanted to clarify these things before I proceeded.
- 10-22-2010, 10:51 PM #172
- 10-23-2010, 08:45 AM #173
- 10-23-2010, 05:34 PM #174
- 73 Posts
- 10-26-2010, 02:14 PM #175
This may be posted elsewhere on this thread, but I think it's too important not to be included...
On 2.2, to get contacts onto the (balky) speed dial list, when you get to the speed dial list, DO NOT use search when selecting your contact. Just scroll through the list and add it that way. This is the only way to get the contact to "stick" on your speed dial list.Always learning ...