Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by LR_Se7eN View Post
    Figured I'd ask this here instead of making a new thread:

Where should I put videos, on the SD card, so that they show up so I can play them? The video in question is a .MOV file if that makes any difference. I have a .3gp video in the camera folder and it shows up fine but the .MOV file does not so up...Any help wold be greatly appreciated.
    RockPlayer App
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Default Better Pics

Want better pics?
    Some of our photos come out grainy because the ISO settings is set to AUTO by default.
    When in low light conditions (which is most of the time) this will diffidently put you at the highest setting of 800.
    We can cheat this.
    Go to settings and in ISO set to 200.
    Try this out and notice how much better your pics are now.
    Pictures seem to dark for you?
    Then bump it up to 400.
    I have found the 200 setting to be the cats meow.

Camera/Settings/ISO/200
    Thanked by 2:

Default Screen shots, non-rooted DX

Quote Originally Posted by nlitenme View Post
    The battery app is called Battery Status Pro, the icon can be seen right in his pic.

Screen shots are possible if you root, not sure without (yet).
    I was just wandering through some of the tips and saw your post, forgive me if you have already found this out, but dxTop will let you do a screen shot and you don't have to be rooted.

dxTop is a home screen launcher like Launcher Pro. I've been using it back and forth with Launcher Pro for a few days and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. It's a pay app, but will do what you want. I was just wondering if it can do it, why can't other programs do it?

I'm still not caught up on all my reading, so hopefully I find out later in this thread that you did find a screen capture program. :o

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.
    Thanked by:

Tip: The Verizon official screen protectors are absolutely horrible and make the screen blurry. Every time. Every one I've used for the X

Quote Originally Posted by coolioman9606 View Post
    Tip: The Verizon official screen protectors are absolutely horrible and make the screen blurry. Every time. Every one I've used for the X
    Yep. And they push these things like they are the greatest thing EVER. Lol.
    a little obsessive...
    MacGyver Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by coolioman9606 View Post
    Never had a problem with them. They reduce glare and don't have significant drag.
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Default Uninstall Apps the Easy way....

Just grab the app from the window and drag it over the trash can, hold it there until "delete app" appears. release.

A conformation window will ask if you want to delete so no accidents.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    Just grab the app from the window and drag it over the trash can, hold it there until "delete app" appears. release.

Thanks for this, very handy indeed!

Can you tell me exactly how to remove the security lock when the phone is turned on or when it goes to sleep mode? I did it once on my droid X but I cant remember how I did it. I just bought my wife a Droid 2 and I want to disable this on her phone but I can find the settings that your listing. Also, is there a way to turn the phone on when it blank out with the home key instead of using the power button at the top of the phone? I have it working on my droid X, but cant figure it out on here droid 2

Thanks so much

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by louispc View Post
    Can you tell me exactly how to remove the security lock when the phone is turned on or when it goes to sleep mode? I did it once on my droid X but I cant remember how I did it. I just bought my wife a Droid 2 and I want to disable this on her phone but I can find the settings that your listing. Also, is there a way to turn the phone on when it blank out with the home key instead of using the power button at the top of the phone? I have it working on my droid X, but cant figure it out on here droid 2

Thanks so much
    go through the settings on your phone while on hers and match them up. i dont think you can you use the home button to turn the droid 2s on if im not mistaken.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

After the most recent update my camera shortcut button (red button on bottom right) doesn't activate the camera anymore. I can't seem to find a settings menu for the shortcut buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post

From the tabs or from the menu? No matter how long I hold it over the trash can, no confirmation window pops up.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by sukjeffrey View Post
    From the tabs or from the menu? No matter how long I hold it over the trash can, no confirmation window pops up.
    this works in/with launcherPro for sure...dont know about the default.

ROM
    ApeX 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoove View Post
    this works in/with launcherPro for sure...dont know about the default.
    This is a feature of LauncherPro and not the stock launcher. With the stock launcher you must use the application manager to remove unwanted apps.

ROM
    ApeX 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by koyote19 View Post
    After the most recent update my camera shortcut button (red button on bottom right) doesn't activate the camera anymore. I can't seem to find a settings menu for the shortcut buttons.
    Did you press and hold the red button? I think its that way on purpose to prevent accidental launching of the camera. Also note that the red button has to positions.. a half way position and fully pressed. You need to fully press and hold the button.

ROM
    Gummyjar 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by dougofdoom View Post
    Bookmarked this thread, thanks all.

I'm switching from a Blackberry Tour to a Droid X (I've been an iPod Touch user for a while but I'm not switching to AT&T) and I've had some bad experiences with both Facebook and Google syncing with contacts and calendar, so I want to clarify on this. How do I get Facebook on the Droid X and NOT sync anything except pictures for the contacts that are already in my phone contacts? I don't want all my Facebook friends (and everyone's job) in my phone's contacts list. I use phone contacts as my 'real' address book and I don't want it full of fluff. If it's not possible to just add pictures to existing contacts, I'd rather isolate Facebook and sync absolutely nothing with it.

Someone posted about syncmypix earlier in the thread, should I go with that? And should I get the official Facebook app or use the preloaded thing?

Thanks!

Try this link. The first two choices right at the top. One is free and one isnt. Says it MAY work on unrooted phones. I assume it works on all rooted phones.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    found out that you can actually disable the lock screen in the settings menu:
    menu>settings>location & security and from there just uncheck the screen lock option. best part is that you can disable the swipe lock, while still keeping a passcode or pattern lock if you want
    I am not able to disable the swipe lock screen...

Quote Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
    I am not able to disable the swipe lock screen...
    Nor am I. I had it disabled on my OG Droid, but for some reason i cant figure out how to disable it on my X. It is really aggravating having to swipe to unlock, and then use my desired pattern lock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe in the newest update, you cannot disable it. Get nolock. I believe that is the app to disable swipe to unlock.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
    Thanked by:

I didn't see it in the marketplace. Where did you get it from?

I just searched and I found it. It's called No Lock and it's by BoD.

Clear your market cache and try again. Settings > Applications > manage Applications then "all" tab then go to market and open it and "Clear data"
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    found out that you can actually disable the lock screen in the settings menu:
    menu>settings>location & security and from there just uncheck the screen lock option. best part is that you can disable the swipe lock, while still keeping a passcode or pattern lock if you want
    I don't see that as an option.

I just have:
    -Set up screen lock (None, Pattern, PIN, or Password)
    -Security Lock Timer

I would love to disable the screen lock!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gusalo View Post
    I don't see that as an option.

I just have:
    -Set up screen lock (None, Pattern, PIN, or Password)
    -Security Lock Timer

I would love to disable the screen lock!
    With 2.2 you can't disable the screen lock.

ROM
    Liberty GB v0.6

Quote Originally Posted by mooserman View Post
    With 2.2 you can't disable the screen lock.
    .....actually with Power Control Plus, I'm able to disable\enable the lock screen with the tap of said widget. Haven't investigated the settings yet though....

worked for me!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast