Tips and Tricks for the Droid X

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
tip: How to get browser to word warp (resize to fit screen in portrait) so you do not have to move screen left to right to read

pinch to zoom to your desired text size, turn phone to landscape and then back to portrait, takes a couple seconds to resize.;)
Works with stock browser and Dolphin HD have not tried with skyfire or Opera.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have figured out two if my main issues with Droid X,
1. Poor quality with camera at times

I learned that you have to set iso manually under camera settings to get quality shots... Use 100 works well in bright light and 800 seems better in dark light.

2. Volume low issue
By default the volume is set to use on volume across system, so if you turn down music player the master volume is turned down also..

Under Settings/Sound and Display/Ringer Volume... "Use Incoming Call Volume for notification" need to be unchecked to correct this...

Matt Kline

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
tip: How to get browser to word warp (resize to fit screen in portrait) so you do not have to move screen left to right to read

pinch to zoom to your desired text size, turn phone to landscape and then back to portrait, takes a couple seconds to resize.;)
Works with stock browser and Dolphin HD have not tried with skyfire or Opera.

Double tapping your finger works pretty good too. You don't necessarily get to pick your text size but, it's much bigger.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Settings > Call settings > Voicemail setting, then input *86,[pass], should work. Don't forget the comma between the *86 and your pass

ok i did this and now I get my DX calls home? help? did I set somthing up wrong in google voice or what?

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
where google voice says " this phones number it lists my home number" shouldn't that say my mobile? i click add this phone and it searches verifying your phone and it times out with Your phone number could not be verified. please try again. Do i need to delete google voice and reset it up?

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
where google voice says " this phones number it lists my home number" shouldn't that say my mobile? i click add this phone and it searches verifying your phone and it times out with Your phone number could not be verified. please try again. Do i need to delete google voice and reset it up?

Ok found *73 send turns your google voicemail forwarding off. I also deleted google voice. Now putting *86,password does auto dial my password. Help?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
HELP!

I ordered a ringtone from the verizon store online and received the text message. However, in my current brain dead state, I can't figure out how to save the stupid thing to my phone. My apologies for the stupidity, but, anyway, HELP!!!

Go to message threader page view and press and hold message that has media file and there should be a option to save file...

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok found *73 send turns your google voicemail forwarding off. I also deleted google voice. Now putting *86,password does auto dial my password. Help?

Why don't you just enable the option to log into voice mail automatically when called from your phone? This option is in your voicemail option menu then you call in and go into settings menu through voice mail, You wont need anything changed to message *86 call in number.

Correction I just learned that this option isnt on the system any longer, maybe because of the new VVM system.... Sorry, this appears not to be a option any longer..

Last edited:

dtlorman#AC

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 gmail accounts set up on my X, but neither one of them is being recognized as the primary email account. Is there any way to designate one as the primary account, or will I need to do a factory re-set and start over?

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 gmail accounts set up on my X, but neither one of them is being recognized as the primary email account. Is there any way to designate one as the primary account, or will I need to do a factory re-set and start over?
Would also like to know this

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1xmattx1

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this method has been shown before or not. I only thought about posting this because I know people ask about how to do this and alternate methods. Like this method that was posted the other day.

This method Involves using Gmail and emailing the .apk to your gmail account that is synced with your phone.

Open Email that contains the .apk attachment
img0881wr.jpg

Click on the Button next to the attachment that Says "Preview" It will open the following Pop-up.
img0883n.jpg

You may get this pop-up. If so click settings then click Unknown Sources. (make sure it has a Green check Mark next to it. AFter you've done this, Return to the Email. and start again.
img0885h.jpg

AFter it Fetches the Attachment. It will ask you to install. Click Install!
img0884zh.jpg

And then there you go! you have it installed!
img0886.jpg

Hope I haven't repeated a commonly known method.

Enjoy!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

1. Open a email account
2. Click left menu button
3. Select Email Settings
4. Select Default Email Account option
5. And select account name to change default

Looks like this may only work on the regular email accounts but the gMail account appears to not show this but try the option above in the regular email account and see if it still shows the gMail accounts in the list. Maybe it will still work...

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the helpful info everyone. I got a question though.

I have two gmail accs and I have bought all my apps on one of them. Is there a way to switch those paid apps to my other gmail acc and make that other one my default acc thru the gmail app?

Kacee9

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm brand new to a smartphone, and am stuck on whether or not its possible to post a video onto Facebook that someone texted to me. I tried the menu options, but nothing I can see at least would make that work for me....and after I record video on the phone, I can't find a way to upload it to Facebook either. Someone set it up for me that I can upload pictures but not videos.....if anyone has a tip for me, that would be very helpful. Thanks. :)

BKHAWK3

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
1) for videos from text you need to save them first I haven't found a way to directly send them to FB.

2) for videos you create you need to send them to YouTube and then share on FB.