Death grip issue on Droid X

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
If you hate this phone so much, why do you keep posting on this forum? Don't buy a Galaxy S, get an iphone so you can eat the Apple candy with a phone that not only can't make calls but forces you to do everything that Steve Jobs says to do.

Troll

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

l44l44

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually love the Droid X. The screen is out of this world, and the virtual keyboard is much better than my old Droid. But if it can't make phone calls, I've gotta get something that does. Are you saying the iPhone is good at calls?

l44l44

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Try it with your phones. Even if you have a strong Verizon signal, it drops like a rock in seconds. Try it now and reply back.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Show it trying to make a call or the actual signal reading not bars. And tp the other guys knock that troll crap off does nothing to help the community

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Just tried not a single drop in single. Even death gripped for 5 mins no drop. As a side note in since yesterday I have not had a single dropped call. My incredible was dropping calls like a fly.

zachflauaus

Jul 8, 2010
twitter.com
Just tried it with the same exact grip as featured in the videos. Didn't drop any bars but dropped 7dbm to- 98dbm compared to 4dbm with the left hand. Compare these results to my BlackBerry Tour getting -98dbm in the same spot /without/ touching it.

l44l44

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
i'm surprised most engineers build the antenna in the base as opposed to one of the top corners

is there a reason for this?

Nokia puts a couple in the phones in different spots, I think. Apparently, the FCC requires antennas to be located as distal to the head as possible. Maybe the bottom is the most distal location on these touchscreen phones.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You do seem to be trolling. If you do not like it stop messing and get the phone in the bag. You will find single variation in every phone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Actually, stop looking at bars and start looking at the dBm value in the about screen.

And P.S. - flaming isn't any better than trolling, so if you think someone is being a troll hit the report infraction button, instead of publicly calling them one. The mods will decide who's trolling and who isn't.

Thanks

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
You do seem to be trolling. If you do not like it stop messing and get the phone in the bag. You will find single variation in every phone.

I agree with this, because no single phone is perfect by any means. And no single phone will ever be perfect either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
BTW my dBm didn't change one bit when I held the phone as shown in the video vs laying it flat on the table. This phone actually has diversity antennas which is supposed to improve reception quite a bit actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.