Help with ADW Launcher

jyoung

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How do I deactivate ADW Launcher and go back to the original "quasi" MotoBlur?

Moto widgets will not resize when using ADW Launcher is this normal?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If you're not going to use it, you can just uninstall it. Otherwise you should be able to go settings > applications > choose the ADW Launcher app and click on clear default.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
yes, you can only resize moto widgets in the moto launcher. also, the only way to go back to stock launcher if adw is installed is to uninstall adw, for now anyway. but its not a big deal, as you can save your adw configuration to your sd card to make it easier to set it back up if you reinstall it

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
If you're not going to use it, you can just uninstall it. Otherwise you should be able to go settings > applications > choose the ADW Launcher app and click on clear default.

i tried this earlier, and there were "no defaults set" for adw, even though it was my primary launcher. also, when i installed it, it didnt prompt with a "choose a program" box. maybe something with the philblur where its missing that feature?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
i tried this earlier, and there were "no defaults set" for adw, even though it was my primary launcher. also, when i installed it, it didnt prompt with a "choose a program" box. maybe something with the philblur where its missing that feature?

I have to admit I was making an assumption based on the way other programs work, so thanks for clarifying.

chemnerd

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
How do I deactivate ADW Launcher and go back to the original "quasi" MotoBlur?

Moto widgets will not resize when using ADW Launcher is this normal?

Yeah, something weird with those widgets. Adw will at least prompt for how large to make them but then stuff doesn't fill it right. Launcher pro just uses some other default sizes.

But yeah, home switcher like people have said, so sad.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
You'll likely have to do a factory reset to get back to the stock motorola interface.

WARNING: installing a 3rd party launcher will break your blur!!
Be Warned X owners, that if you install a 3rd party launcher (i.e. ADW launcher) you will lose your ability to go back to the blur launcher if decide to delete the 3rd party launcher. You will be left with a blank black screen. The only way to recover from this is to factory reset the device.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i am curious for those of you that are using launcherpro: when you first installed the app, did the system prompt you to pick a default home launcher? i am wondering just because it did not with ADW, and i am wondering if it is an adw thing not playing nice with the philblur, or if it is the philblur itself lacking that prompt

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
It did prompt me a couple of times but have not seen it in the last 24hrs or so.

And no I didnt hit the check box to make it my default.

jyoung

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the info!

I did install home switcher and with a default launcher chose when I hit the home menu in the blur launcher it goes right to ADW launcher. So I chose blur as default and it still switches to ADW when I hit the home key.

Any suggestions? is anyone else experiencing this?

deadfrog82

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes i have the same problem with the stupid blur not staying available when i download a launcher. It pisses me off and will return the phone if not fixed. **** is not acceptable

CrackberryMike

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the info!

I did install home switcher and with a default launcher chose when I hit the home menu in the blur launcher it goes right to ADW launcher. So I chose blur as default and it still switches to ADW when I hit the home key.

Any suggestions? is anyone else experiencing this?

Not sure why this occurs, but it has nothing to do Motoblur; the same thing happens on my original Droid.

jroby12

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If your using launcher pro or adw you can hold the home button,which will then give you 6 options i believe, just tap the home icon or the icon that looks like a house. This will bring you back to the moto default screen, however hitting the physical home button will bring you back to the home replacement you were using. Been messing around with this and this is what i have found, hope it helps

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If your using launcher pro or adw you can hold the home button,which will then give you 6 options i believe, just tap the home icon or the icon that looks like a house. This will bring you back to the moto default screen, however hitting the physical home button will bring you back to the home replacement you were using. Been messing around with this and this is what i have found, hope it helps

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Holding the "Home" button just brings up the 6 most recently used applications I believe. I am using LauncherPro and just did this and there wasn't a house looking icon on there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey