Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default Help with ADW Launcher

How do I deactivate ADW Launcher and go back to the original "quasi" MotoBlur?

Moto widgets will not resize when using ADW Launcher is this normal?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

If you're not going to use it, you can just uninstall it. Otherwise you should be able to go settings > applications > choose the ADW Launcher app and click on clear default.
    Thanked by:
    jyoung 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

yes, you can only resize moto widgets in the moto launcher. also, the only way to go back to stock launcher if adw is installed is to uninstall adw, for now anyway. but its not a big deal, as you can save your adw configuration to your sd card to make it easier to set it back up if you reinstall it
    Thanked by:
    jyoung 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    If you're not going to use it, you can just uninstall it. Otherwise you should be able to go settings > applications > choose the ADW Launcher app and click on clear default.
    i tried this earlier, and there were "no defaults set" for adw, even though it was my primary launcher. also, when i installed it, it didnt prompt with a "choose a program" box. maybe something with the philblur where its missing that feature?
    Thanked by:

If you think you will switching around often, go to the market and download "Home Switcher."
    Curve>Voyager>Storm>Tour>Droid> Droid X>Thunderbolt>Galaxy Nexus>Samsung SIII
    Thanked by:
    jyoung 
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    i tried this earlier, and there were "no defaults set" for adw, even though it was my primary launcher. also, when i installed it, it didnt prompt with a "choose a program" box. maybe something with the philblur where its missing that feature?
    I have to admit I was making an assumption based on the way other programs work, so thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    How do I deactivate ADW Launcher and go back to the original "quasi" MotoBlur?

Moto widgets will not resize when using ADW Launcher is this normal?
    Yeah, something weird with those widgets. Adw will at least prompt for how large to make them but then stuff doesn't fill it right. Launcher pro just uses some other default sizes.

But yeah, home switcher like people have said, so sad.

how does this work with sense ui does it slow the phone down at all or use more battery

You'll likely have to do a factory reset to get back to the stock motorola interface.

Be Warned X owners, that if you install a 3rd party launcher (i.e. ADW launcher) you will lose your ability to go back to the blur launcher if decide to delete the 3rd party launcher. You will be left with a blank black screen. The only way to recover from this is to factory reset the device.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    You'll likely have to do a factory reset to get back to the stock motorola interface.

this is 100% incorrect. i installed adw when i first got the phone and then uninstalled it and was able to get back to the stock launcher no problem
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrackberryMike View Post
    If you think you will switching around often, go to the market and download "Home Switcher."
    This is very useful. I had to install it just to use LauncherPro.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

i am curious for those of you that are using launcherpro: when you first installed the app, did the system prompt you to pick a default home launcher? i am wondering just because it did not with ADW, and i am wondering if it is an adw thing not playing nice with the philblur, or if it is the philblur itself lacking that prompt
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

The system did not prompt me. That's why I had to install "home switcher".
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

It did prompt me a couple of times but have not seen it in the last 24hrs or so.

And no I didnt hit the check box to make it my default.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Thanks everyone for the info!

I did install home switcher and with a default launcher chose when I hit the home menu in the blur launcher it goes right to ADW launcher. So I chose blur as default and it still switches to ADW when I hit the home key.

Any suggestions? is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes i have the same problem with the stupid blur not staying available when i download a launcher. It pisses me off and will return the phone if not fixed. **** is not acceptable

I did install home switcher and with a default launcher chose when I hit the home menu in the blur launcher it goes right to ADW launcher. So I chose blur as default and it still switches to ADW when I hit the home key.

Not sure why this occurs, but it has nothing to do Motoblur; the same thing happens on my original Droid.
    Curve>Voyager>Storm>Tour>Droid> Droid X>Thunderbolt>Galaxy Nexus>Samsung SIII

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post

I've experienced no issue going back and forth between LauncherPro Beta and stock moto, other than having to reconfigure LPB of course.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Re: Help with ADW Launcher

If your using launcher pro or adw you can hold the home button,which will then give you 6 options i believe, just tap the home icon or the icon that looks like a house. This will bring you back to the moto default screen, however hitting the physical home button will bring you back to the home replacement you were using. Been messing around with this and this is what i have found, hope it helps

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robyj View Post
    If your using launcher pro or adw you can hold the home button,which will then give you 6 options i believe, just tap the home icon or the icon that looks like a house. This will bring you back to the moto default screen, however hitting the physical home button will bring you back to the home replacement you were using. Been messing around with this and this is what i have found, hope it helps

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Holding the "Home" button just brings up the 6 most recently used applications I believe. I am using LauncherPro and just did this and there wasn't a house looking icon on there.

Quote Originally Posted by chemnerd View Post
    Yeah, something weird with those widgets. Adw will at least prompt for how large to make them but then stuff doesn't fill it right.
    Turn on "Auto Stretch" in ADW Settings -> Screen Preferences. Does a real nice job. Even so, some widgets are pickier than others.

...when I hit the home menu in the blur launcher it goes right to ADW launcher.
    Same problem here... except it's not really a problem since i'm sticking with ADW. I was a little worried though, so i backed up my ADW and uninstalled it... philblur came right back to normal for me, no problems.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I have the same problem. I emailed the developer of Home Switcher and he said would try to investigate the problem.
    Thanked by:
    jyoung 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

its not a problem with home switcher, its a weird thing in adw right now. other custom launchers switch fine with home switcher

this is 100% incorrect. i installed adw when i first got the phone and then uninstalled it and was able to get back to the stock launcher no problem
    Ditto. I've installed and un-installed it a few times. I'm gonna stick with it for now because it brings one of the best things about Sense to my X. Pinch desktop screen to see thumbnails of all.

Ditto. I've installed and un-installed it a few times. I'm gonna stick with it for now because it brings one of the best things about Sense to my X. Pinch desktop screen to see thumbnails of all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast