Delay in installation when buying an app?

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
This has probably been answered but I had no luck doing a search. I've been downloading apps from the Market without issue so far on my new X. They've all been free ones up until today. This afternoon I purchased the ad-free Astro File Manager app and my phone notified me that it was installed but I don't see it in my app drawer. Because it's a purchased app, is there a delay in processing my credit or something before it actually appears on my phone?

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It dosnt download until after you approve the purchase and once it is downloaded it installs... If you got it it should be there... If you had the free version of Astro it might have installed over that...

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I approved the purchase and it said I have 24 hours to uninstall and get a refund. It's defnitely not in my app drawer. I just pulled up my downloads list in the Market again and it clearly shows Astro File Manager Pro as installed. The funny thing is, the "Open" button is grayed out and I can't click it, as if it's not really on my phone even though I completed the transaction with my credit card. Should I maybe uninstall it and then re-download it?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You need to download both the free version of Astro and the paid version. The paid doesn't show up as an app. It simply upgrades the free one so it doesn't have ads.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i had this sort of happen, i brought over a ton of purchased apps, but none appeared in my app drawer...

however, when i scrolled down, they were at the very bottom of the list, not sorted in alphabetical order...i gave it a minute and the icons moved

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
You need to download both the free version of Astro and the paid version. The paid doesn't show up as an app. It simply upgrades the free one so it doesn't have ads.

Thaks Cory. I figured this out yesterday. I uninstalled the paid app and got my money back and installed the free version. Everything's kosher again. I've got the phone setup up now exactly as I want and have ZERO complaints about performance/functionality. Rest in peace Blackberry!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae