Droid X use questions...

Angelworks

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I went down to a Verizon store to look at the phone - they didn't have one in stock, but they did have a dummy model. The buttons on the bottom (home/menu/back etc) appear to be physical and they were small enough I could only press them in with my fingernail.

For those who have one - how is this working for you? I currently have a Nexus One with the soft buttons and I like it pretty well.

Kupe

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I went down to a Verizon store to look at the phone - they didn't have one in stock, but they did have a dummy model. The buttons on the bottom (home/menu/back etc) appear to be physical and they were small enough I could only press them in with my fingernail.

For those who have one - how is this working for you? I currently have a Nexus One with the soft buttons and I like it pretty well.
I'm replacing my touch-sensitive button Droid with the X. I prefer the hardware buttons over the touch sensitive buttons for the feedback, finger placement, and consistency.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The buttons on dummy models (like most dummy phones) are seriously messed up. on most of them they are actually pushed in all the way. I have no trouble. Sometimes i have to readjust a little bit to hit the button, but a somewhat firm press is all they need. No trouble with accidental presses like I've had using my Storm2 or friend's original Droids or Evos

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm replacing my touch-sensitive button Droid with the X. I prefer the hardware buttons over the touch sensitive buttons for the feedback, finger placement, and consistency.

Agreed, While I liked my Nexus One, one frustrating thing about the phone was accidental hitting of the touch sensitive buttons.

RRichmond

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had the same concern after seeing a dummy, but I played with a real one today and was very reassured. The buttons on the dummy models are cheap junk and not at all like the buttons on the real phones. The real buttons are well designed, easy to press but just firm enough, with good feedback.

The dummy gives you a good idea of size and shape, but that's about all. They do not even hint at the build quality and feel of the real thing, which is excellent.

showson1

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Im coming from a nexus one as well and i actually prefer the hardware buttons.
I have one of the first N1s and the touch buttons were always a little bit off anyway.

Plus you don't have to share any of the beautiful screen with the buttons.
I don't know how they were on the demo model, bit on the real thing they're very we'll made.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I love them. Hate the way there set up. Wish all manufactures would use same lay out/placement. What is really cool and at first I bashed VZW for doing it it is the black gap between screen and buttons. I see why before I would type and hit the soft buttons. No more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae