Droid X Ringer Problems?
03-29-2011 06:54 PM
I'm loving my X, but am wondering if anyone else's won't ring? When a call comes in, the phone will only vibrate. The speaker works... I hear the notification sound (for new voicemail, texts and emails), I can hear media and the speaker-phone works fine.
I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this?
I'm assuming that I've set something wrong--the ringer was working when I got the phone on the 15th. I know this isn't a tech support forum, but here are the details in case anyone is willing to offer suggestions:
I've tried everything I could think of (and I did google it and search the forums, but couldn't find a similar DroidX thread). First, I maxed out the ringer volume using physical buttons. Then, I tried each of the following (one at a time):
In settings --> sound & display:
- verified silent mode is off
- verified ringer volume
- verified phone ringtone is set, and that I can hear the preview
- turned off "double-tap to silence" and "smart profile"
Other things I've tried:
- switched back from Google voice to carrier voicemail
- restarted phone
- pulled battery from phone (and left it out for awhile)
- have called the phone from numbers in my contacts, and numbers that aren't in my contacts
My system version is 1.13.516.MB810.Verizon.en.US.
I give my sincere thanks to anyone who is willing to offer suggestions or maybe point me in the right direction!07-17-2010 04:22 PM
- I had this problem and i actually went to settings turned vibrate on,then called my phone and it rang out loud and when i turned vibrate back to off it stayed working. Actually have to go to settings though. It didn't do anything when i turned the sounds off from the shortcut on homepage.07-26-2010 01:53 PMLike 1
- I have a similar but different issue. My phone ringer plays fine, but my text and email notifications play the first second of the tone then stop.
Ive done a factory reset... and im on performance profile. Vibrate is enabled for all notifications and works as it should.07-26-2010 04:48 PM
- I too am having the same issue and it just started a couple days ago. I wonder if the latest OS update (push) had an effect. I hate to think I'll have to have the Verizon techs do a wipe but if no one offers a viable solution then I may head that way. Any suggestions welcome.07-28-2010 05:10 PM
- I've had the same problem. ringer worked fine the first couple days. then stopped all together. I have reset the phone twice now. It has been working almost perfectly since. I'm still getting the occasional glitch...Getting a call from someone with a specific ring tone and the phone ringing with the default ringer. I was thinking of exchanging the phone for another droid x, but after reading the posts, I can only hope Motorola and Verizon will address the problem. At least we don't have Steve Jobs telling us "Your phone is dropping calls?...Don't hold the phone that way"08-03-2010 01:33 PM
- 08-05-2010 03:28 PM
- Umm this is a little different, but my Droid X plays a strange ringer [that isn't even listed as a ringtone in settings] when I receive a call. It's something like "boop-boop-boop-boop...boop-boop-boop-boop" and I've tried manually setting ringers to callers, creating my own ringers, switching the default ringer to a different one... nothing works. No matter what I do it uses this strange default ringer and it's incredibly inconvenient. Ive battery pulled more than once (feel like i went back to BB lol) and it hasnt worked. software bug, maybe?08-13-2010 08:42 AM
- I'm still getting the occasional glitch...Getting a call from someone with a specific ring tone and the phone ringing with the default ringer. I can only hope Motorola and Verizon will address the problem. At least we don't have Steve Jobs telling us "Your phone is dropping calls?...Don't hold the phone that way"08-13-2010 10:19 AM
Now though, it just vibrates. I've tried taking the battery out. I guess I'm going to have to reset it. Has anyone else had any luck with this?08-14-2010 12:48 AM
- I searched "all" the forums and found a couple of procedures that worked for some people. None worked for me other than the dreaded factory reset. Of course, for me, this involved a trip to Verizon store to transfer my contacts from my old S1 to my X. 1 and 1/2 hours...in the store...08-14-2010 10:07 AM
- 03-29-2011 06:54 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid X Forums
- Motorola Droid X
Droid X Ringer Problems?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD