Monday is going to be a good day

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Look what we'll be getting... :)
Verizon Readying DROID X Update for July 19th - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
droidxupdate1.png

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
It seems small but maybe they could fix the unlock screen twitch. I can't believe how a feature so minuscule can be so annoying...make it smooth!!

Leif

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I will be putting off the update as long as possible (as long as motorolla will let me...to bad they don't let me turn updates off altogether. :( ), in the hope that the people at #droidxroot will get root running by then...

Gareee

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It'll be good for us as well, after the amazingly awful hassleing we got trying to get our phones!

I call about 11 am release day, and they make me an appointment for 7:30 pm even though it's busy aunch day. They tell me they have tons in stock, and it won't be an issue.

At 2pm, they call me back, telling me that another store just came by and took half their stock because they have more appointments, and odds are, they will not have them in stock at all when we come for our OWN appointment! They will NOT let me just come in and get them, since I already have an apointment! Now I'm really ticked.

Anyway, I call about 4pm, to ask them if they still have them.. no sense going in if they are sold out, right?

The guy there tells me No Problem! They'll be shipped overnight for free, and you'll have them by noon, the next day, Friday! Cool. I can deal with a one day delay.

So we go in and when we buy them, he tells us because its now so late, they won't actually be shipped till Friday, and since its the weekend, we won't get them till Monday! We are of course shocked AND pissed, since he did not mention this till AFTER we paid, but we look at each other, and just suck it up.

He tells us to call Verizon to get the tracking numbers when we get home, (and we should have questioned why he couldn't just give it to us then.)

Punchline Time: When we get home (about 7 minutes later) we call to ask about the tracking numbers.. and the gal on the phone says they are back ordered now, and probably won't ship till the 23rd to 25th!

So we're fuming.. I google some, and see reports that Sam's Club apparantly got them in, and wasn't swamped like the official stores.

So I call friday, and they tell me they are due in around noonish Fed Ex, and none are spoken for!

So I head over there, and wait till 1:30 pm.. still no friggin fed Ex delivery! I get tires for my van, and after thats done, they STILL have not gotten the delivery. But so long as I order them before 3pm, they'll arrive Monday, so we place the second order, and cancel the original order.

Saturday I get 3 emails:

1, the original order has already been shipped, and is about 2 hours away already!
2, The original order has shipped (different tracking number), but no tracking info yet.
3, The second order has NOT shipped, and they need to reconfirm information. Sop the guarenteed order that was from Sam's club will not arrive till Tuesday or weds now!

I call Verizon, and they say muliple phones to one home are ALWAYS shipped together, and the weight of the box appears to confirm that. So we MAY have TWO sets of droid x phones due to arrive now on Monday, from the original order!

So we cancle the Sam's club order (Even though they are actually $20 each CHEAPER then from verizon! ($179 each, with new every two $50 credit on the main account phone.)

I think we've spent now about 5-6 hours tryong to get these damned things, that supposedly would not be selling out like the Incredible fiasco.

These will be our first smart phones (Upgrading from two ENV2 phones) so we are needless to say, very excited!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay