Does the Droid X have spell check?

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
One thing I liked about my Blackberry, is when I misspelled a word and wrote "teh" it would automatically convert it to "the." I can't find anything like that on the Droid X. Am I just looking in the wrong place? I can't imagine they wouldn't include that.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If you go into Language and Keyboard settings and then click on Multi-Touch Keyboard, all of the options for that are in there, but I believe all of that is turned on by default. Works for me anyway.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It only spell checks as you type a word... not nearly as good of a spell check system as the BB. If you need mobile email for work and you're a bad speller I'd stick with a BB.

lil_sunshine

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I use Spell Checker on my original Motorola Droid. It's a free ad supported app. It works OK (you type what you want in spell checker then paste it into an email or text or doc or whatever). Doesn't work nearly as well as the Blackberry, but definitely better than using autocomplete (especially since autocomplete does not even turn on with the slide out keyboard on the Droid).

I find the email support of Android to be very disappointing coming from the Blackberry. I had to download MailDroid so that I could save email attachments other than JPEG to my SD card. I have to type my emails in a separate app. Very disappointing. It's not a deal breaker for me yet because I have found 3rd party workarounds, but the poor email functionality is a glaring oversight in my opinion.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well and BB is more buisness oriented, so spell checking is really going to be better compared to Android, but I'm sure there is something in the market

Sent from DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance