Email Sync with new motoblur on X

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I own the original Droid, debating going to the X or sitting this one out. Read something about the Email not syncing as cleanly between phone and computer as it does with the orignal Droid,(example delete email from your X it's still on the computer, don't have that happen on Droid) thoughts?

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
How do you connect to your mail server? I use IMAP and the deletes propagate just fine. Most of the complaints I've seen come from BB owners where the default behavior is often to leave the messages on the server when you delete them from the BB database (the Droid obviously doesn't know which messages you've deleted on your local BB so it downloads them all).

BTW, not really a "Motoblur" issue - that's just a default UI. The underlying mail handlers are the same and you can always get another mail reader if you want.

Personally if you're not unhappy with your Droid there's no harm in waiting. I jumped ship from my Storm for a better browser, but unless there's something special you need from the X that the original can't do I can guarantee that the longer you wait the "more specialer" phones will be. On the other hand, if you're on an annual upgrade path my guess is that a decent selection of LTE-enabled smartphones are about a year away which is why the timing was perfect.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Actually, when you delete email from your gmail account on my Droid, it is gone on the computer as well, hence stops you from going back and forth to the computer. Now I just set up my exchange to forward my email to a gmail account i created just for that purpose and it works like a dream on the Droid. I am afraid the motoblur gmail app doesnt do the same on the X and hence while I am a bit afraid to pull the trigger. I am on the yearly upgrade deal, can't help myself :)

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The X is synchronized with my GMail account - delete on the X and it deletes in the cloud just like your description of what your Droid does. Two comments:

1. It's the GMail app, not Motoblur, that controls this and you can always change out mail readers if you don't like the behavior.
2. It's not Motoblur :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae