My Droid X constantly drops down to 1X, rarely has 3G

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. Got my X on Thursday and I love it, except for one thing: it rarely has 3G. This isn't an issue of not having 3G coverage - my old blackberry always had 3G service in the same areas.

Is anyone else having this problem? I love the phone, but it's so boring without 3G.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

IamGov#IM

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Oh maybe you should only hold it in your right hand, at a 47 degree angle from saturn's moon, and make sure you DONT fill the antenna gap with your fingers!

Ohh snap wrong device

Ummmm.....no idea, reception seems to be better than on the incredible for me.

Try calling *228 and updating your roaming capabilities, I think it is option 2. Not sure.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh maybe you should only hold it in your right hand, at a 47 degree angle from saturn's moon, and make sure you DONT fill the antenna gap with your fingers!

Ohh snap wrong device

Ummmm.....no idea, reception seems to be better than on the incredible for me.

Try calling *228 and updating your roaming capabilities, I think it is option 2. Not sure.

That was quite funny. Very well done.

Also, thanks for the info for updating. I'll try it right now.

badchevy

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem part of which is my house is in a area that has troubles getting good reception, I did the *228 option 2 which did not help but then I did a factory reset which improved my bars and 3G, not sure exactly why it helped but it is doing much better now.

rblake84

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Good luck sounds like we both got a defect mine does it bad too. *228 and reset didn't help me. I am now on a waiting list for an exchange it blows.

badchevy

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
You might give the hard reset a try, since I did that mine stays on 3G most of the time now where as before it hardly ever had 3G and only had 1x some of the time. If it works it would be better than waiting.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Although it doesn't constantly stay on 1x, mine does seem to drop from from 3G to 1x a lot. Or, at least a lot more than my original Droid did.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I did a hard reset and it seems to be staying on 3G. Then again, this is how my phone behaved when I first got it.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be holding 3G just fine but for the ones that aren't, the update that's coming soon is also going to have a baseband update that should fix some of these issues.

soldierblue

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Seriously though, I've been on the phone with Verizon the past couple day about this. They're telling me it's a network issue that's affecting users when ESN changes are made.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the Same problem and have tried everything but the factory reset.

I know that I have done an ESN change with this phone, but has everyone else done one as well? I mean is that a common link besides the phone?

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what this phone will show for speed with 3g instead of the 1x. Im basically getting the same speed as I did with my DINC. So it isnt a real big issue for me, yet.

Leif

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I think it may be 'slightly' related to wifi. For me anyway, I could be in a 3 bar area, but when I connect to my, or my uni's, wifi network, it drops down to one bar. (I don't really care at that point though, because I'm on wifi, although things like app downloading don't seem to work on wifi for some reason).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1