1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Default xm for droid and screen scracth proof?

hi guys,
    just got my x. Love the phone. Battery life could be a lot better..
    am new to the the droid os..

wanted to download xm for it but it says that it isnt safe because it is not an approved app? is it still safe to download?

also, the screen on this appears to be relatively scratch proof.is that the case?

thanks
    phil
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

xm app works fine dropped my X today and just the case was scratched

Do you need to pay extra for the XM app? I currently have a XM subscription through my car.

The XM App is just that an app that allows you to use your XM subscription...

With the xm app you have to have an internet subscription to be able to use it.

It's the same Gorilla Glass that was on the original droid. I wouldn't call it scratch "proof" but it's much more resistant than most screens.

Quote Originally Posted by silvwarrior View Post
    With the xm app you have to have an internet subscription to be able to use it.
    Okay this is what I thought because on my blackberry it was an extra $2.99 a month to be able to listen on my blackberry. I thought for some reason it may be free, but why would they do that? haha

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    xm app works fine dropped my X today and just the case was scratched
    I think if I dropped my phone so soon after launch I may have been prone to a heart attack lol. Even if undamaged. It's like dropping your newborn, right? (or just a horrible correlation to make?)
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^

i would say the screen is not any where near scratch proof i have 3 fine scratches on my screen and not even sure how they got there. i'll be returning the phone for a replacement for sure.