Youtube and other streaming stuff lags...

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My Dad has a Droid X and when he tries to watch youtube videos, even when connected to wifi at home, it lags never seems to be able to make it through a whole video. I don't own a Motorola phone, so I don't know exactly what to tell him to try. He's not completely ed, but he's not exactly well versed in working within Android either. So if you could please be specific when posting suggestions, that would be great.
Thanks in advance for your time

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My Dad has a Droid X and when he tries to watch youtube videos, even when connected to wifi at home, it lags never seems to be able to make it through a whole video. I don't own a Motorola phone, so I don't know exactly what to tell him to try. He's not completely ed, but he's not exactly well versed in working within Android either. So if you could please be specific when posting suggestions, that would be great.
Thanks in advance for your time

I dont know if this is a phone specific problem. If i watch netflix on my phone i never get any lag at all. but Youtube is random, sometimes it works amazing other times it stutters and lags. So this may be a problem on their end, either with their traffic or the way the Youtube app is coded for android. i own several phones Note 2 , GNEX and infuse all have this problem, and my Droid X had it aswell. but they all run netflix great so i dont know what to tell you

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know if it was perhaps an issue with Flash, or maybe a cache of some sort that was full, or perhaps stuff running in the background. But since I have an HTC phone that's running Sense and ICS, I have no idea how to tell him to check any of that type of stuff on his X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12