Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Youtube and other streaming stuff lags...

My Dad has a Droid X and when he tries to watch youtube videos, even when connected to wifi at home, it lags never seems to be able to make it through a whole video. I don't own a Motorola phone, so I don't know exactly what to tell him to try. He's not completely ed, but he's not exactly well versed in working within Android either. So if you could please be specific when posting suggestions, that would be great.
    Thanks in advance for your time

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Youtube and other streaming stuff lags...

Quote Originally Posted by ea7770 View Post
    My Dad has a Droid X and when he tries to watch youtube videos, even when connected to wifi at home, it lags never seems to be able to make it through a whole video. I don't own a Motorola phone, so I don't know exactly what to tell him to try. He's not completely ed, but he's not exactly well versed in working within Android either. So if you could please be specific when posting suggestions, that would be great.
    Thanks in advance for your time
    I dont know if this is a phone specific problem. If i watch netflix on my phone i never get any lag at all. but Youtube is random, sometimes it works amazing other times it stutters and lags. So this may be a problem on their end, either with their traffic or the way the Youtube app is coded for android. i own several phones Note 2 , GNEX and infuse all have this problem, and my Droid X had it aswell. but they all run netflix great so i dont know what to tell you
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Youtube and other streaming stuff lags...

I didn't know if it was perhaps an issue with Flash, or maybe a cache of some sort that was full, or perhaps stuff running in the background. But since I have an HTC phone that's running Sense and ICS, I have no idea how to tell him to check any of that type of stuff on his X.