Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Liquid Smooth v2.0 Beta2

Default Droid X now shipping by 7/27!!!

Just checked the VZW website and the shipping date has now been pushed back from 7/23 to 7/27!! This is the DI all over again!! I really hope that means if you place an order right now, then it'll ship by 7/27. Mine was originally supposed to come by 7/16, then I was told 7/23. VZW is really dropping the ball on this.
    Wireless Unlocking

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

You probably ordered it after they changed it. Most all that ordered it in time got it next day by 7/16
    Your One Stop Shop for Your Unlocking Needs
    Unlocking the HOTTEST Devices(Android, BlackBerry, etc)

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sucks for some of my friends that had to wait

I ordered mine from a VZW on Friday (7/16) and was told it would be shipped on the 23rd. Got an email later that night saying my order had shipped but since it was Friday and fedex overnight doesn't mean overnight, It wont get here till later today. Looks like I got lucky!

I ordered mine Saturday 7/17 and was told that I needed to wait till the 27th or 28th to get mine. Hopefully earlier the rep told me though. They just need to save their own butts.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Maximaniac View Post
    Just checked the VZW website and the shipping date has now been pushed back from 7/23 to 7/27!! This is the DI all over again!! I really hope that means if you place an order right now, then it'll ship by 7/27. Mine was originally supposed to come by 7/16, then I was told 7/23. VZW is really dropping the ball on this.
    Is this the shipping date for all orders or just those places now? Because it would make sense that orders places 4 days after launch get shipped four days later.

Don't worry though, I hope this will all be fixed soon. Verizon's smartphone market depends on it.
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^

Ordered 7/15 at 6:45am and this morning was told by the 27th...kind of unfair and the rep said VZW is planning no compensation...not even for my order. Extremely unfair...they need to compensate those who order early morning and now got screwed because of some glitch.

Check with another Verizon rep. I was told today that all orders placed on 7/15 would be fulfilled by the 23rd. It is only orders placed on the 16th or later that will be fulfilled by the 27th..

Default WTF Verizon

Yeah I feel screwed by Verizon. I ordered online at 4:00 am 7/15 and now my X isnt going to be in my hands til 7/30? WTF. I may switch to Sprint since the unlimited plans are so cheap and the EVO looks nice.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VDoubleUVR6 View Post
    Ordered 7/15 at 6:45am and this morning was told by the 27th...kind of unfair and the rep said VZW is planning no compensation...not even for my order. Extremely unfair...they need to compensate those who order early morning and now got screwed because of some glitch.
    I'd try calling back and asking for a supervisor. I had the same issue and was given a $25 credit for my trouble.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Considering you ordered before anything was posted with a different shipping time I would think you are entitled to something. Keep calling until you get a rep that will give you at least a $25 credit.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators
    Thanked by:

I wonder how they are basing who ships when? I ordered mine at 7:30am on the 15th and it comes in today, and I keep hearing people who ordered before me and aren't getting it till the 27th?! strange..
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Liquid Smooth v2.0 Beta2

I ordered at 1:30pm EST on 7/15 and there was nothing on the website that said "will ship by 7/23". I was able to get a $10 credit to my acct since I opted for overnight delivery (which I got free with a promo code, so free $10 for me). This is really starting to **** me off though. They already charged my credit card, yet they haven't shipped anything to me yet. Call me crazy, but if a company charges my credit card, I'd expect to have a product of theirs in hand or at least see it as having been shipped out.

I bought an X on thursday and then walked in and bought another on saturday....if you look hard enough you may find one locally instead of waiting for online shipments...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Well My order finally shipped....Next day i should have by tomorrow....VZ Screwed me by not shipping my phone when i wanted it....I talked to some people who dint care and would give you the scripted answer to your question...but i also talked to some reps who would take the time and would look and try to help...I will never order from VZ website again. Looks like those people who are still waiting might have the phone sooner then you think.

PS

My order was placed at 0304 on the 15th but was not process till 1714 on the 15th. I really hope you guys get your new toys soon.
    Thanked by:

I ordered mine @ 5:45 AM on the 15th and due to all the internet orders there was a so called "jam up" that caused all kinds of issues. I called VZW on the 16th and the rep told me because of this jam up I would get a $25 gift card for my "troubles", but I would not get the phone until the 23rd. Later that day I received my shipping notification from Fedex...should have it today.
    Honestly, is it really the end of the world if you don't get your right away? I mean, if a delay in shipping out a cell is the worst thing that happens to me all month, then I'm thankful and life is good.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by chicchica View Post
    I ordered mine @ 5:45 AM on the 15th and due to all the internet orders there was a so called "jam up" that caused all kinds of issues. I called VZW on the 16th and the rep told me because of this jam up I would get a $25 gift card for my "troubles", but I would not get the phone until the 23rd. Later that day I received my shipping notification from Fedex...should have it today.
    Honestly, is it really the end of the world if you don't get your right away? I mean, if a delay in shipping out a cell is the worst thing that happens to me all month, then I'm thankful and life is good.
    Its not the end of the world I agree...its VZW always screwing up something to loyal customers and then telling them "I'm sorry for the delay" rather instead of taking corrective action like in my case who got the order in WAY before 2:30PM that day when they sold out. I don't know how people are getting compensation "for their troubles" and all I get is "I'm sorry, there isn't much else I can do".

I'll call back later when I get home from work if I don't get a tracking number by then...hopefully I'll get a rep that will play nice.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by REHZ View Post
    VZ Screwed me by not shipping my phone when i wanted it....

Oh good lord....
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schizrade View Post

Oh good lord....
    come on......they really did. it was a gift for my loving wife.......

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

"I know what i want and i want it now...." lol remember the song
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Alot can happen when you dont have a cellphone....
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM
    Liquid Smooth v2.0 Beta2

Update: The VZW website now shows the Droid X not shipping until 8/3!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Maximaniac View Post
    Update: The VZW website now shows the Droid X not shipping until 8/3!
    Same as the Incredible now.
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^

I gotta say, what a damn joke.

The economic situation in the Far East must be far worse than they are leading us to believe. More factories must be out of production than is led to believe.