Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question SD Card Transfer to Computer

My wife and I both have Motorola Droid X phones that were activated through Verizon. My phone died on vacation and will no longer power on. Her's WAS fine.

We switched to Sprint (I got a SGS3 and my wife got an iphone 5) and I wanted to backup the information from our old SD Cards to our computer (Windows XP) so that I can re-use one of the cards in my SGS3 and transfer the good stuff (mainly the pictures and videos) to our new phones. Unfortunately, I am now unable to power on either phone (both batteries have kind of puffed up and they do not seem to work any longer).

I tried putting the SD Cards into an adapter and putting them directly in my SD Card Reader, but I can only see the files and cannot copy them. When I try the windows cmd line, I get a message saying, "The syntax of the command is incorrect." and when I try through Windows Explorer, I get the following error message:

Error Copying File or Folder
    Cannot copy *FILENAME_WITH_NO_EXTENSION*: The parameter is incorrect.

Anyone have any ideas? I would like to just make an entire backup of the SD cards, but would settle just for the pictures and videos.