Major Prob with Droid X if you hide your txt msgs

jeepzilla

May 10, 2010
Visit site
From BGR--------------
Bought a shiny new Motorola DROID X? Well, for the most part, it?s one rock solid beast of a handset, but we?ve been informed there is a pretty low to medium size privacy flaw (depending on your point of view), and have verified it ourselves. The Motorola DROID X actually will show text message and call history logs, even if you have deleted those items from the phone, via its contacts history function. All you have to do is scroll over to contact history in the contacts app and you?ll find the deleted information there. The issue doesn?t persist after an entire phone wipe, but it?s still a little disconcerting that any threaded text message conversations or recent calls would still show up after deletion. Check out our video after the jump for a quick run through of what we?re finding with text messages. We have reached to Verizon to find out if this is something they?re aware of / working on fixing, but we?ve also been told this is visible on other Motorola handsets, and it looks like it?s tied to the BLUR interface

Heres a link to watch the Video...
When you delete a txt it still stays stored on phone
Motorola better fix this
Motorola DROID X privacy issue with text messages and call logs ? Boy Genius Report

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not too big of a deal to me unless they start accumulating too much and start slowing the phone down but there should be a fix before that becomes a problem.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It is a really deal, but I mean.. Who seriously will look up on the contact list, flick to the left & read deleted sms' ? I doubt people who have friends that like to read texts, would think to go there.. lol.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It is a really deal, but I mean.. Who seriously will look up on the contact list, flick to the left & read deleted sms' ? I doubt people who have friends that like to read texts, would think to go there.. lol.

It would be an issue for anyone worried about privacy of their conversations if their phone fell into the wrong hands. Knowing this issue it would be the first and most reliable way to find your conversations with specific people.

The important thing is that deleted things should stay deleted.