Saving files

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have given up years of BlackBerry use for the DroidX and so far not regretting the decision.
I am however trying to figure out Android.
With my Blackberry I was able to save files (pdf's of customer quotes) emailed to me to file folders I created on my SD card and then attach them to emails.
I have not been able to figure out this task on my DX.
Is it possible? If so, how?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Download "Linda File Manager" off the market place and install it. All the functions you are looking for are packed into this free app =) Enjoy

(in case you haven't already, be sure to download Adobe Reader from the market to read PDF's)

Edit: I might've jumped the gun on what you are requiring exactly as far as "saving files" is concerned. I didn't quite get to the part you mentioned from emails. Now if these attachments are being picked up through a web browser, I know that Linda can save them to the sd card and then you should be able to work with them as you see fit, however if we're talking the generic email app, I am not quite sure how file interaction goes with it. Either way I still recommend the app Linda File Manager so grab it anyway and give it a try. Whats the worst that can happen? :p

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I will download Linda and play with it.

I downloaded Astro but do not see anything to help me save a file that was emailed to me. Am I missing it?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I will download Linda and play with it.

I downloaded Astro but do not see anything to help me save a file that was emailed to me. Am I missing it?

If you downloaded the file emailed to you it should be in the download folder in there, everything I've downloaded from email has been in there :)

Sent from DROIDX using Tapatalk

mcx3rbm

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
okay, i got astro. Now how do you move a downloaded file from file manager to a new folder that i created on my home screen. everytime i attempt to move it and back out of astro, the move option disappears? I am attempting to move a spreadsheet (schedule) to one of my home screens for easier access???? SOME PLEASE HELP

swest6602

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Long press the file. Think you the click edit and move. Go.to the folder you.want to put.it.in and open that folder. Long press and click.paste. May have gotten a function wrong here (copy vs move) but it works similar to a computer, you just have to remember the long press to get the menus. That holds true throughout Android. Long press will offer you options you may not have noticed so play around with it a.bit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mcx3rbm

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Still can't get it. does not give me option once i get out of file manager. Only option on file still in email is to save or share. Tried both ways. If someone else can play around with it and let me know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon