1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to light bottom hardware keys?

I remember seeing them on before but now there off and I can't get them to light up. Any ideas

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Same here...haven't lighted up since I updated.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators

Weird, mine lights up like normal AFAIK.

When you guys put your phone into sleep (tap Power button up top), and then wake it up, do they light up then?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I don't think mine were on tonight before the update but I know they were once on
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Mule View Post
    Weird, mine lights up like normal AFAIK.

When you guys put your phone into sleep (tap Power button up top), and then wake it up, do they light up then?

Just did this and now they are on, thanks lol

Mine are working here as well. If you don't touch it for awhile (30 seconds?) the light behind the keys goes off.

On the topic of the lighted up keys... anyone else notice the LED notification light flash when you touch the X and the bottom keys light up?

Basically hit the power button so the X goes off, the hard buttons should dim lights. Now watch the LED notification light and press the power button so the keys light up. Does it flash for a split second of some odd color? It only happens if your phone is unplugged. If its plugged in then the keys will light up and the LED won't flash.

I'm sure its no big deal (and I tested this on my girlfriends phone as well, hers does it too) but in case anyone reading my posts hasn't realized yet I am extremely nit picky lol "Attention to detail, my good Watson!" I always say :P
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I noticed this too thought it was cause my battery was dead and there was not enough power. But it does it with a full charge to

Quote Originally Posted by rjdangerous View Post
    I noticed this too thought it was cause my battery was dead and there was not enough power. But it does it with a full charge to
    I thought this was battery related too because it only happens when its unplugged, which to me has power written all over it. Ah well

Go to the Battery Manager in Settings and change the Battery Profile to Performance Mode. In the other modes, the phone will try to conserve battery power.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

How about turning off the lights on the hardware buttons? When I am watching a movie at night or reading a book on the kindle app they can be very distracting. Anyone have any ideas?

I just performed some tests. If I'm reading a book, for example, when I unlock the phone the hardware buttons are lit and after some time of inactivity they turn off. If I turn a page within a few seconds of them turning off they come back on. If I leave them off for several seconds then they stay off and don't come back on when I scroll or change pages. The only way I can get them back on is to back out of that program or put the phone to sleep and wake it up again.

Personally, I would like to be able to turn them off all together when I'm using the Kindle app. I read frequently at night with the lights off (or very low lighting) and the button lights are so bright (comparatively) that they cause significant eye strain. I find I have to cover the buttons with my fingers and this is a real irritant when reading.

Does anyone know of a setting or program that will allow me to at least temporarily turn off the lights? Frankly, I'm at the point now that I would be happy to turn them off permanently as I know where the buttons are and what they do by touch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott
    Mine: Misc Flips -> LG Env -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> DroidX -> Droid Bionic!
    Wife: Misc Flips -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> BB 9550 (S2) -> Droid X!
    Kids: Samsung Fascinate (2) --- Family: Rooted Nook Color (2)
    Ya just gotta LOVE how Android lets you customize your devices how YOU want them!