Still no DroidX :(

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Ordering online seems to be the best bet, even though the VZW says August 4 (or later).

My friend ordered it 7/24 and will be receiving it today 7/29.

Some stores are still sold out. One of the guys I talked to said they won't be getting a shipment for two weeks.

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine with customer service on the phone 7/19 and it finally arrived yesterday at about 5:45 P.M.
I spent last night (till about 2:00 A.M.) getting the wifi working. It wasn't a problem with the DX it was that I had written down the WEP key wrong, but I got it going and now today I will actually get down to customizing everything. :) So far so good and wow is it fast.

envy

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else ordered theirs in the last day or so and gotten an official shipping date earlier than the 08/03 date?

I was lucky. Yesterday when I went into the store to purchase 2 of the phones, I asked the guy about ship date and he said if the phone was purchased anywhere for July 15th I think to July 28th. The ship date is to be 8/3. Which is really good since the 3rd is only next week.

Last edited:

RedSoxGeek

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Was Delvidered Today... But

My wife was asleep when the FedEx guy showed up at my house so they did not drop it off. I stressed to her that she need to be on the look out for the truck when I left for work but she didn't... I was able to call FedEx and I will be able to pick it up at their location... A little annoyed with her right now but I can't be too mafe she work 11-7 lastnight.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine online on July 21.2010 and got it yesterday at lunch time . :D Now I have them to compair so far I like them both just as well,,, both are working just like they are suppose to do . ;)

AbeFrohman

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they're rolling out earlier than the 8/3 date, as a CSR told me when I checked status.

Ordered online 7/24 - bill to account.

Shipped 7/28, to arrive today 7/29 by 3:00. FedEx shows it's on the truck.

dmo1028#AC

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok I must be lucky- Can't believe it is coming so quick!!

Ordered online at 2pm on 7/26
Shipping Confirmation at noon 7/29
Delivery scheduled 7/30 by 3pm (used free overnight shipping code FREEOVERNT)

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
What's crazy is the amount of orders for this thing, but they are shipping out pretty fast. The DINC was not as fluid as this at launch, has that gotten any better?

envy

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
What's crazy is the amount of orders for this thing, but they are shipping out pretty fast. The DINC was not as fluid as this at launch, has that gotten any better?

A verizon rep told me that the reason why People didn't get their Droid Inc on time was because there was a recall on the phone.
So it never left the warehouse, and they fixed the issue.

19mitch79

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
In Portland Oregon. Just received my X at about 3:00 today! Ordered on the 22nd and never got an email from verizon telling me it had shipped. Called and talked to a rep this morning and they told me it was already in Portland waiting to go out on the truck. Hold tight everyone. The X's are coming! Freakin in love with this thing already by the way.

botero

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Ordered Mine on the 26th, My wife's and my mom's on the 27th and my grandmother's (yup she is that cool) today. Hoping to be one of those that didn't get a shipping notification but magically has it arrive on my doorstep tomorrow. The waiting is killing me. I check the email on my ****ty 3GS every 5 minutes looking for the notification...

envy

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I ordered both my phones on the 28th.

and my phone is coming today. and my moms is coming tomorrow. Just got both shipping numbers today. They both shipped out on July 31st

waterwagen

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So I get online to order a Droid X today, seeing the warning that the phone "ships by 8/18".

Order confirmation received at 12:50pm today.

Shipment confirmation received at 2:11pm today.

Confirmed with Fedex, it is on its way already. Now that's service. Verizon must have just gotten a shipment in.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Online orders seem to be shipping very quickly now. My Manager just said that he ordered one just the other day and should be receiving it in the next couple days.

Like waterwagen said above, it does seem like they just got a large shipment in or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks