Merging duplicate contacts?

DroidRage79

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My contacts list has a few double-entries that cropped up after my Facebook contacts were integrated into my google contacts. I would like to merge some of the duplicates, however I cannot figure out how. I know Google has a "merge duplicates" feature right on gmail's page however I have no duplicates in my actual Gmail contacts, I only have them on my phone due to the Facebook integration.

mringo17

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Go into view contact, click the menu button, then link contacts, and select the duplicate name, this will link the contacts together into one.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
all this syncing confused me at first also, had all kinda of stuff out of whack. If you add new contacts on the phone then the person is "linked" twice once to phone and once to gmail.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know why if you link a contact to a twitter account, it lists if under contacts as the twitter name?m?

It's the same deal as linking with Facebook. Go to your contact, click menu, and press Link Contact. Search and select the Twitter username. Once you press the name, the contact will be linked. Now, Twitter updates from that person can be found in his/her's contact card.

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Does this not work for the X2? I can't find this or any other way to do it on the X2...

It does work, but the X2 uses the new version of Blur. The way to access this is a little different.

Steps:

- Select your contact that you want to merge
- Hit your Menu button
- Select "Edit Contact"
- Hit Menu Button
- Select "Join"
- Select the contact you want to join with

DONE!

Hope this helps.

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
It does work, but the X2 uses the new version of Blur. The way to access this is a little different.

Steps:

- Select your contact that you want to merge
- Hit your Menu button
- Select "Edit Contact"
- Hit Menu Button
- Select "Join"
- Select the contact you want to join with

DONE!

Hope this helps.

You are excellent! Thanks :-*

taylordawg

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for telling us how to merge the contacts, now how do you pick which contact picture shows up on caller ID...Facebook or Outlook? Facebook pictures seem to be overriding my Outlook pictures and many people seem to put pictures of their kids for their profile picture. Looks like I have a bunch of kids calling my phone all the time!

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My contacts list has a few double-entries that cropped up after my Facebook contacts were integrated into my google contacts. I would like to merge some of the duplicates, however I cannot figure out how. I know Google has a "merge duplicates" feature right on gmail's page however I have no duplicates in my actual Gmail contacts, I only have them on my phone due to the Facebook integration.

The best and quickest way I found was to use GO contacts EX, it automaticallly finds all the duplicates and lets you pick which ones you want to merge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair