Speaker Audio low????

Think Audio from speaker is low???

• Total voters

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Different apps have different volumes. In some areas it is pretty good and others not so much. I am most frustrated by the soft alarm tones.

Listening to Music = Pretty good
Speakerphone = Also good
Ring tones/alerts = Really soft
Alarm Tones = Really soft

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It is definitely pretty low. I know the simple reason is because its on the back of the phone and unless you have a surface directly behind it to reflect the sound back at the front (try this with your hand and see the difference) it will sound very low because the audio is being shot out away from you. But agreed, you're gonna put a speaker on the back of a handset it darn well better be loud lol

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Different apps have different volumes. In some areas it is pretty good and others not so much. I am most frustrated by the soft alarm tones.

Speakerphone = Also good

I pretty much agree with these assessments.

zentman

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
How will they fix the volume issue?

I traded my Droid in for this and it is half the volume. My office partner still has his and we just compared. Amazing, his is twice as loud.

How can they fix this? After all, it's a power supply and a speaker. Anything they can do in software? More importantly, will they even bother?

I can only use a few ringtones as I can't hear the others. Forget about listening to music through the speaker as I did on my old Droid here in my office.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
there might be an option when (if) the x gets rooted, but i would love for them to find a way to increase the volume on the speaker as well

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been seeing a lot of people comment on the lower volume. My speaker is pretty damn loud. I'm wondering if there's bad batches? I have no problem with any volumes on my tones or music.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i dont think its a case of the speaker being quiet; i think it is more that us OG droid owners got spoiled with such a ridiculously loud speaker

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Have you guys played around with settings > Media audio effects > phone speaker? My ringer seems pretty loud as well.

im fine with the media volume; it just seems my ringer /notification volume is quieter than it was with the original droid. like i said, probably just me being spoiled with that loud-a** phone :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
im fine with the media volume; it just seems my ringer /notification volume is quieter than it was with the original droid. like i said, probably just me being spoiled with that loud-a** phone :)

Yeah, I know it says media, but I was wondering if it had any affect on the other sounds as well.

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Some of it is low but i found that if you load the right kind of mp3's then you dont have any trouble hearing them

The only thing i wish they would do is let the notifications vibrate

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

Speakerphone = Also good

Yea I totally agree with these observations also.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yea my alarm is to soft quite I really miss this. I really can't use anything but the stock ringtones for alarms I love the video feature of the alarm clock but that is also to soft. Any good speakers I can use to boost the volume while plugged into X at night?

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
I agree that the ringer volume is pretty low. I've missed quite a few calls because of not hearing the ringer. I'm in the process now of putting some custom ringtones together.

paulinbna

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
In my experience it all depends on where you are listening to your speaker, at home it seems loud but at work it seems a lot softer then my storm was.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The only thing i wish they would do is let the notifications vibrate

this seems liek a major oversight IMO. Why would they have a "vibrate all" setting on the phone? shameful. These are some of the basic features that I took for granted with a blackberry. Don't get me wrong, this is a hell of a device, but they totally overlooked some very simple things.....like the notification vibrating and also adding "ringer profiles" for quick global changes of ringing, vibrating , silence, etc.