Droid X returns????

jmg1975

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has any advice about this situation. My friend got her Droid X on Friday (due to my suggestion as I have the original Droid an love it). Well her phone froze up a few times the second day she had it and a reboot (as in turning the phone on and off was not possible) so she tried a battery pull. Also worth noting is that she didn't download any applications yet. Anyway when she went to pull the battery out the entire battery pull tab came off in her hand. The battery however remains in the phone. We ended up bringing the phone to a Verizon wireless store and upon check in the clerk told us the same thing happened to him. Then we went to te tech support counter and we were told there would be no returning the phone because the tab isn't a warranty issue. Also we were told to pry the battery out and make a new tab but to understand that the tinkering will void the warranty. When I mentioned the 30 day return policy we we were told it doesn't cover that. We could only return the phone for a different one. And they had no Incredibles to give us. We asked to speak to a manager who informed us that he has seen many phones with these tabs and they never come off so there was no way the phone was defective. He literally just walked away from us. Any thoughts on this? Anyone know what the 30 day guarantee actually covers? Thanks guys.

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a call to another store or a call to Verizon customer service is in order......sometimes it all depends on who you talk to you get different treatment.....

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you were dealing with an *** that didn't have a better way to tell you they didn't have any in stock.

Go up the ladder.

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing and was told it is not a CS warranty issue but the rep told me to superglue it back in and it should work. Instead of putting superglue in my phone I wrapped a piece of paper tape around the battery and made a new tab. It is not considered tinkering according to the rep I talked to. There is a whole thread of people who did the same thing.

showson1

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
If she really wants to return the phone then carefully take the battery out, put the tab back in with a little dab of glue (so it looks like nothing happened), put the battery back in and return it.

Normally I wouldn't recommend deception like this, but if they're going to force your hand you gotta' play your cards.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Verizons customer service is getting worse and worse unfortunately. I had a huuuuge problem with going through 3 Incredibles with them. What a nightmare it was. There comes a time where you have to get nasty to get what you want. Afterall you ARE the customer whos buying it.

jmg1975

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys. Does anyone have a link to that thread? This is kind of ridiculous. Seems like Moto has a design flaw here? Who puts plastic tabs on a 600 dollar phone?