In-Car Bluetooth Problem with X

Ravenell

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have an '09 Nissan and I connected just fine with by Moto X, but no one can hear me speak and it sounds like it's stuttering when I initiate a call. Is anyone else having issues with the X and their bluetooth devices? I may need to replace the specific handset.

rozo

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
2010 nissan with navi, bluetooth works fine but sometimes it causes my entire navi system to reset, thus routing the call back to the handset. Annoying. I heard 2.2 fixes this, who knows...

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an 07 Infiniti and I have the same exact problem, Ravenell. It sounds choppy when a call is ringing and the person on the other end can't hear me at all. I even tried repairing the car and the phone a couple times.

So far we have two Nissans and an Infiniti with trouble in this thread. Nissan owns Infiniti, so I wonder if this is a manufacturer issue.

ecalcagnino

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
My wife has an '09 Murano and we can't get the pairing procedure to start. It has been a while since I paired her iPhone so I got out the manual and tried to follow the steps but it was not working.

The first step says something like: say "setup phone" (I cant remember off hand), and the system will not recognize it no matter what so I can't get any further. Could someone give me the steps to get it paired as a new phone? It's driving me nuts. THANK YOU!

Eric

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I added a J&M Bluetooth module to my GoldWing motorcycle, and while I got the phone to pair, phone calls to work, and a2dp music streaming to work, voice activated dialing/music playback/etc doesn't seem to work. I know native bluetooth VAD isn't coming till Froyo, but I thought the X had an app cooked in to allow bluetooth VAD.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a 2010 Toyota Venza and said she had problems pairing this morning. I'll report back if she gives me an update, or I'll check it out later.

go_storm

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have an 07 Toyota Camry hybrid and it took me less than a minute to get my X to connect to my car's system. I made and received 6 calls during the drive after that and every call was just as clear or clearer than it was when I had my Storm connected to the car's system via Bluetooth.

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2008 Nissan Altima and the Bluetooth is having the exact same issue. I usually use my Jawbone but today the battery was dead so I switched to my car bluetooth. When I tried it, I couldn't be heard. So I tried calling voice mail and the audio sounded choppy. I clicked off the Enhanced Stereo button on the X but it didn't help. I also tried deleting the pair and re-pairing. For now, it appears, that I can't use my car Bluetooth.

For tracking purposes, I am running the latest firmware update (2.1-update1 , 1.13604.MB810).

Is this worth a call to Verizon? How do we get action on this?

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I sent a tweet at VZWSupport with a link back to here. I've never tweeted for Tech Support but who knows, it may work.

Last edited:

liquidhonesty

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife has an 09 Mini Cooper S....and the pairs just fine (she can call out and receive calls) but the car won't download her address book (something her old Razr did just fine). Any ideas? Is there some other app I need to install for that to work?

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My wife has an 09 Mini Cooper S....and the pairs just fine (she can call out and receive calls) but the car won't download her address book (something her old Razr did just fine). Any ideas? Is there some other app I need to install for that to work?

I've read that using the free "Bluetooth File Transfer" app by Medieval Software will allow you to transfer the contacts to the car.

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I sent a tweet at VZWSupport with a link back to here. I've never tweeted for Tech Support but who knows, it may work.

I did an online chat with Motorola. I'm pretty dissapointed by the response.

Reymer: Hi, my name is Reymer. How may I help you?
Alershka: Hi. I have a Moto Droid X which I purchased last week. I am having troubles with Bluetooth and my Car's Bluetooth system. I can pair the phone with the car however, when using the Bluetooth system, the person on the other end of the line can not hear me and I hear them but the sound is garbled. I do not have this problem with my Bluetooth headset so it appears to be something with the phone and the car
Reymer: I am sorry to know that.
Reymer: Were you able to pair the phone with your headset? Did it work fine?
Alershka: Yes, my headset is a Jawbone and it works fine. It is only my car's bluetooth system. In searching online, I've found others who drive similar vehicles (Nissans) who are having the same exact problem
Reymer: As far as we are concerned, our phone does not have any bluetooth compatibility problems. I suggest that you verify this one with Nissan since the phone works with your Jawbone headset.
Alershka: Ok
Reymer: Will there be anything else?
Alershka: No
Reymer: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Checked with VZW Support via email. They suggested getting in touch with Nissan also.

So I did some more digging. It appears, based on looking at some other forums, that the problem is related to A2DP profile in Android 2.1. Also someone did get confirmation from Moto that it was a missing a profile in the Bluetooth stack. It appears that the problem goes away on Froyo.

I haven't tried this yet but supposedly this works:

I found a temporary solution for the G35. I assume the same can be done on the Altima. When you make or receive a call, click "Use Handset" on the screen in the car so that the call goes to the phone. After, hit the "Phone" button on the car. Now the call will be transferred back to the bluetooth, the sound will be clear and the other person will be able to hear you.

This is definitely not a permanent solution, but better than nothing. I won't be so inclined to return the phone now.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2008 Ford Explorer Limited with Microsoft Sync...which in the past was problematic with my Tour at times.. (i.e. muffeled voices, dropped calls, etc)... I was able to remove the Tour and Pair the DroidX just fine. It downloaded the address book fine and people say it sounds like I'm on my house phone. PLUS... when someone txt's me while i'm in the truck with the bluetooth on.. it will display the option in the truck to "listen" to the txt message and reply to it... which was never an option when I had my tour connected.

In summry, its worked great for me...

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I found a temporary solution for the G35. I assume the same can be done on the Altima. When you make or receive a call, click "Use Handset" on the screen in the car so that the call goes to the phone. After, hit the "Phone" button on the car. Now the call will be transferred back to the bluetooth, the sound will be clear and the other person will be able to hear you.

Thanks for following up on the support options, alershka. I will give this a try in my G35x and report back.

Ravenell

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Temporary Workaround

Checked with VZW Support via email. They suggested getting in touch with Nissan also.

So I did some more digging. It appears, based on looking at some other forums, that the problem is related to A2DP profile in Android 2.1. Also someone did get confirmation from Moto that it was a missing a profile in the Bluetooth stack. It appears that the problem goes away on Froyo.

This is definitely not a permanent solution, but better than nothing. I won't be so inclined to return the phone now.

DUDE! You are the man for finding this. Thanks for your diligence, I thought I might be the only person with this issue. My Storm 1 works PERFECTLY! And so does my other Bluetooth devices, so I figured it was related to the phone itself. Hell, even Bluetooth transfer from my Storm 1 to my MacBook Pro worked, so I figured it had something to do with the Android OS. Hopefully, they'll make this a sticky for others who may have this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech