1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Thumbs up DroidX Works AWESOME with SlingPlayer!

I just loaded the SlingPlayer to my DroidX and everything is working awesome. Now I have something to watch during my Vacation trip over the weekend.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Does it work in landscape mode?

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

it only works in landscape mode actually. Or at least as far as I can tell. I love it. I waited to jump from WM till andriod got this.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I have the older slingbox pro and it works GREAT!!! I love it!

Can you watch over 3G or only wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister869 View Post
    Can you watch over 3G or only wifi?
    Either... although wifi will give better quality. I also can confirm it works great with the older SlingBox... well worth it!
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Which box do u recommend? Is there buffering issues with 3g

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I've had great luck with it as well. Really well done program that does what it says.
    Motorola Razr -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 8830 -> Blackberry Storm 9530 -> Motorola Droid X

http://twitter.com/andrewpoirier

Sling box is very cool, looks great on the DroidX. I just replaced my old one with a solo and the performance is much better.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Just ordered a ProHD using my verizon rebate credit card and some amazon gift cards. Cant wait to get it going.

How is the set up? Im using a TIvo HD using HDMI out to TV. Heard there is problems if you have HDMI out because tivo locks the other ports.

Ill go component if I have too but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

+1 for me and +1 for the wife on the slingbox for droid x!

We have the ProHD hooked up to our AT&T U-Verse and the second input is to our Popcorn Hour which is networked to my 13 TB home server which currently has a little over 1200 movies on it. It is AWESOME over 3G or WiFi. We usually use it over 3G and it's amazing. We use it mostly when we're at work during down time (which is sometimes hours). My only regret is not getting it sooner!

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Does anyone have one hooked up to a Tivo? Im hoping to take advantage of the netflix feature on tivo and add netflix streaming to my phone as well, until the actual app comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by wabyrd View Post
    +1 for me and +1 for the wife on the slingbox for droid x!

We have the ProHD hooked up to our AT&T U-Verse and the second input is to our Popcorn Hour which is networked to my 13 TB home server which currently has a little over 1200 movies on it. It is AWESOME over 3G or WiFi. We usually use it over 3G and it's amazing. We use it mostly when we're at work during down time (which is sometimes hours). My only regret is not getting it sooner!
    Thanks for sharing that all 4 devices are compatible. Did you run into any problems setting up or configuring all 4 to play nicely together?

I'm ordering a Slingbox today and have the same devices as you.. Do you have any words of wisdom which might save me some aggravation?

My server (for PH) is currently running Openindiana /ZFS 30 x 2TB drives...

Do you know if you can see subtitles on your android device if you can see them on PH?
    Thanks!
    Jeff