Newbie question.... iphone -> DroidX

Matrix_Prime

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've become a Droid X convert, bought it on launch day, and have a question. I'm used to the iOS touch interface, touching a button on the screen to go back a screen or to access options and things like that. With the Droid X, while a program can and does have on screen buttons, I find myself constantly using the physical buttons for accessing menus and going back to a different screen. Are the buttons going to be able to handle constant use like that?

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I certainly hope so. I have to believe moto designed the physical buttons to handle the constant use.

I'm coming from a Nexus One that uses virtual buttons/touch screen which I was always touching/brushing when I didn't want it too. Now I don't have that problem but being physical, the button need to be designed to handle thousands upon thousands of presses.

Adontain

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
how many thousands of phones have buttons? This alone should ease your mind. Only a few ever develop issues from use. Most develop them because of ABuse. Don't see anything that should be cause for alarm. Heck even my Storm 1 lasted 2 years (bought on launch day).

Matrix_Prime

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well TV remotes are designed for button pressing as well, and I have NEVER had one hold up for longer than a year on any TV I've ever bough....I'm hoping they do....

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
how many thousands of phones have buttons? This alone should ease your mind. Only a few ever develop issues from use. Most develop them because of ABuse. Don't see anything that should be cause for alarm. Heck even my Storm 1 lasted 2 years (bought on launch day).

Exactly when the whole screen is one really big button pressed over and over again for thousands of letters a day and lasts 2 years, a couple of regular menu and directional buttons isn't going to be an issue.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Well TV remotes are designed for button pressing as well, and I have NEVER had one hold up for longer than a year on any TV I've ever bough....I'm hoping they do....

Okay. Better question. Have you every owned a Motorola product before? Because I have had 2 of their headsets and 3 phones.

Phones where the V60i, V710, and the K1m. V60i is still at 100%, the V710 had the glue for the plastic guard around the camera come off after throwing it into my old stuff box after I got the K1m, and the K1m I had to get swapped under warranty because I sweated through the phone because I was in a black leather car, windows rolled up talking on it. That's 2.5 years per phone and not once did a Motorola ever have button issues.

Then again Multiple DVD player, TV, and Stereo remotes, and I have never had one die and I watch 4-5 hours of TV a day. Might want pay more attention to how you treat your equipment.

Matrix_Prime

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Every piece of electrical equipment i've ever owned looks as good as the day I bought it, I take very good care of my stuff, thank you.

Okay. Better question. Have you every owned a Motorola product before? Because I have had 2 of their headsets and 3 phones.

Phones where the V60i, V710, and the K1m. V60i is still at 100%, the V710 had the glue for the plastic guard around the camera come off after throwing it into my old stuff box after I got the K1m, and the K1m I had to get swapped under warranty because I sweated through the phone because I was in a black leather car, windows rolled up talking on it. That's 2.5 years per phone and not once did a Motorola ever have button issues.

Then again Multiple DVD player, TV, and Stereo remotes, and I have never had one die and I watch 4-5 hours of TV a day. Might want pay more attention to how you treat your equipment.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Every piece of electrical equipment i've ever owned looks as good as the day I bought it, I take very good care of my stuff, thank you.

Not trying to call you out. Just saying if your not buying cheap universal remotes I can not for the life of me figure out why you would be breaking TV remotes every year. You would need to be either spilling pop or food all over it. Throwing it around. The only other thing I can think of is maybe Neanderthaling it. I have some friends that seem to believe in pressing buttons as hard as you can or just having no perception on amount of force used. Most people can subconsciously adjust their button presses to the lowest amount of force needed to press the button. If you are only pressing the button as hard as it needs to be pressed, then it should last thousands and thousands of presses.

Adontain

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Even then they should last. I constantly throw things around the room. beat them on the floor (old xbox controllers) and have never had an issue with anything not working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user