Putting Videos on the X

Tytanious

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I have used Visual Hub and Handbrake but they don't work very well. I want to convert an .avi file to look like the Blockbuster movies do.

Does anyone have any help?

11b2p

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Magic DVD Ripper.

I bought it to rip one backup file per dvd I have.

I made them so they would play on my Zune and on my Storm 1.

They have several profiles you can rip to. I usually use the iPhone and iPod Touch profiles. Videos look good and file size is very managable.

Price of a license is quite reasonable too, but you get five free uses to evaluate the software.

Magic DVD Ripper - rip DVD to hard drive or blank DVD

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
What is a good resolution to filter video for full screen playback?

Update: 640x320 appears the fit nicely with almost no black boarder on top and bottom but I also noticed that camcorder records at 720x480 but video has to be stretched to fit screen. I think I will stick with 640x320 in 3pg format.

Last edited:

deeemaa

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
use rockplayer which is free in market and it plays ALOT of files. no need conversion at all and very nice. plays all my non converted avi movies fine. thats unless you guys are try to get the exact resolution then disregard my post lol.

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
What he said. It's one touch transfer and very user friendly, and only $10 right now.;).

For $10 I can't see why anyone would do it any other way. It takes 1 selection from a pull down (Droid) and the push of a button to convert the movie. Drag and drop it to your SD card and you're done. And it doesn't require messing around with various settings to get the video quality right.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why but I tried loading a .avi file onto the droix x and when selected, it offered me the option of "video player" or "doubletwist." I chose video player and it played perfectly.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, that's the unfortunate part of DVD catalyst (although if you have bootcamp, parallels or VMWare you can run it inside that). Your best option is Handbrake using the steps outlined in post #6 above.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney