Dead Pixels

don0814

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have dead pixels in camera and video mode since the update? I also have a red dot between the hd icon and red record button. I also a couple in the left corner. All of this happend since the update, I also had a black screen with a blurry image that has showed up a couple time. Has anyone else had this happen.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I know you probably don't mean this, but I'll throw it out there anyway since its sort of similar.

Now, before the update, and post update, I have been noticing some kind of screen tearing in the form of lines along the top right of the camera preview window when I am looking around. It especially is noticeable if you're moving the focus reticle around with your finger. Saw it on mine and my girlfriends so pretty much guaranteed its not a huge problem. Just saying, it looks scary (along the lines of dead pixel scary, only for your camera :O ) and I just want to know whats up.

Aside from this, no I have not seen these dead pixels you're seeing. Sorry :(

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have 4 "stick" pixels when in video camera mode.
and my wife's X has a big red "mark" (best way i can describe it) on her's when in camera mode.

what should be done about this? they do appear in the videos and when i hook them up via hdmi to the HDTV.

should i return the phones?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i just noticed when i load the camera, i have a blue stuck pixel near the middle right

meh, never noticed it, and it only appears on the camera...not too bothersome yet

djdeadstock

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 dead pixels in my camera app. the strange thing is on any other screens its fine, Im considering taking it back but i dont want a refurb droid x as a replacement isnt that what they would give us? if anybody knows any more info on the dead pixels please let us know.

MRP2008

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, I have one dead pixel in the screen, doesn't matter what app i'm in. I was going to exchange it, but not sure if it's worth it.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Try another camera app guys.. perhaps it's just a bug in the camera code?

remember, the camera app is just an app that takes advantage of the camera API.

All camera apps are the same.. it's not something specifically coded for the hardware.

None of the software on these phones are coded specifically for the hardware.. Android OS is a virtual image running ontop of an intrepreter.. much like VirtualPC which allowed Macintosh software to run on Windows.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have used other apps and at least on my phone, i don't see the stuck pixel. however, the 2 i tried don't shoot wide screen. so I can't say for sure. but it looks like it could be app based. which means the .604 update did it.
wonder what gives?

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
you guys made me look on my DX. I do notice the two very tiny dead pixels while on cam and video mode....but only on those two. not really noticeable unless you look really upclose. other than that, when i open other apps, they are not there so my assumption is that it is software issue rather than a hardware issue. hopefully, once froyo rolls in, it will fix it.

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I have a few but only in the video part. When it's in the photo part I don't see any, weird. I have a couple blue and a red I think.

tbdbuckeyeitl

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Dead pixel on camera and camcorder. ?

I noticed this on another thread. I have a tiny small blue dot on my camera and camcorder. I couldn't find it unless I looked at a black screen. It is not on the camera picture though just on screen. Is this due to the 604 update. Would you return do you have these dead pixel dots thanks

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I think that it will go away with a software update because it seems to be a camera application issue since there are reports of some 3rd party camera applications where these pixel issues don't show up.

BTW, I merged the two threads since they are about the same issue. ;)

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this on another thread. I have a tiny small blue dot on my camera and camcorder. I couldn't find it unless I looked at a black screen. It is not on the camera picture though just on screen. Is this due to the 604 update. Would you return do you have these dead pixel dots thanks

unless you want to wait, then by all means go for it...you paid for the phone. But if its barely noticeable, why spend all the hassle of calling CS, be on the waiting list again for a who knows if youll get a new one or refurb, OR wait weeks before you get it? I have this one tiny blue dot...barely noticeable unless you put your face right on the screen on a black background and at first, i was thinking of returning it but now it really doesnt bug me. I mean it really is that small...:D

tbdbuckeyeitl

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
So is having one blue pixel in vid and cam mode worth taking phone back over. As time goes on will more pixels change to colors. What should I do

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So is having one blue pixel in vid and cam mode worth taking phone back over. As time goes on will more pixels change to colors. What should I do

Unless you are seeing this in all screens, this is not a dead or stuck pixel (meaning it's not a defective screen). Therefore, it is not worth taking back IMHO. I'm guessing this is more of a software issue.

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a red pixel on the right, but it doesn't show up when playing the video back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk